Friday, April 13, 2012

Happy Friday

Just a little Friday check-in from this terrible, no-good, very bad blogger who has been inconsistent at best with posts lately.  Does that happen to most people?  I feel all topsy turvy in life right now, with a wacky school schedule (due to state testing), a very sick grandmother across the country, a broken bone, quarter grades due, and all kinds of new developments work-wise.  My head just might spin right off.

So, as usual, I'm looking for cheap distractions.  This week, they've come in the form of:

1. Prison Break (Matt and I are hooked):


Often, prison shows annoy me because of their absurdity.  This one is no exception, but somehow I love it anyway.  We're halfway through season one and I can't wait to come home from work today and get right back to it!

2. New Super Mario Bros for Wii


Call it regression, but man I love this game.  

3. Funny news stories, like for example this one.

Guess who's up for parole?

Actually, he was denied again on Wednesday, but I couldn't help but giggle at the image of a parole board opening a file and seeing: MANSON, CHARLES.  hahaha!  Even funnier: his lawyer surely had to make a case for why he should be paroled.  Don't get me wrong, I'm all about rehabilitation and second chances . . . but I mean, it's Charles Manson.

I'm off to get some coffee (aka my reason for getting up in the mornings).  Hope you all have an easy Friday and a delightful weekend!  I'm afraid ours will pale in comparison to our Mendocino trip last weekend, but here's to making the best of it.

11 comments:

Lindsey said...

How is he even eligible for parole??? Scary!! Have a great weekend Claire!!

Faiza said...

I read about the Manson murders when I was 12 or 13. I think I was at someone's house and bored out of my skull and that was the only book they had. (I was probably reading Sweet Valley HIgh right before it) The book had pictures of the crime scene and was very graphic. My pre-teen self was not prepared!

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope she has comfort in knowing how much you adore her.

Happy weekend!

drollgirl said...

ooooh, i love getting hooked on tv shows. i have not tried prison break. i am currently enthralled with game of thrones (the books are MASSIVE, and it is much easier to watch the dvds!), and hope it will get me by until SOA returns. lol

i hope life gets easier for you soon! rest up! and quit sending rain to us! ;)

Erin @ Sassin' Southern Style said...

I read that Manson hasn't appeared for a parole hearing since 1997, so while he isn't a model citizen, he isn't the dimmest bulb in the box. That man knows what's up.

My husband liked Prison Break, too. The lead character isn't exactly hideous, either. I found it cheesy, but I could stomach it in small doses.

We must talk more about this New SMB. I'm a sucker for a man in red overalls with a jaunty mustache.

Meghan said...

I only watched season 1, but I loved Prison Break!

sheba said...

prison break was one of my and emil's first "shows". until it got cheesy. ;)

Jax said...

I saw that he was up for parole and scowled. I'm thankful he hasn't gotten out yet. I mean.. you'd think he'll never get out, but anymore, you just never know...

And girl, topsy turvy is a great way to describe life lately. My blog has been missing me, too. I blame the seasonal shift on everything getting crazy.

Sending thoughts and hugs to you and your grandmother. I hope she gets better very soon.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I think Manson should know at this point that he would never been back out in the general population. I need to check out that show. I'm still wishing that Alcatraz would already be back on!

bananas. said...

exactly...it's charles manson!!!

lol and i can only imagine the faces of the parole board as manson's attorney entertained them with his case.

hope you had a good weekend!

Krystal said...

girlll i took like a 3 month blog break, it was great :)

melifaif said...

Oh honey...I have been a bad blogger too. At least we make good company!!! ha. I am so very sorry to hear about your broken foot. Seeing as not too long ago my ankle was cracked, I can sympathize with you times 10!!!! I'm so sorry to hear about grams too. That always can bring you down. Thinking of you always.

p.s. I was/am? a HUGE Prison Break Fan!!!!!! Love me some Wentworth....swoon. Even if he is gay...I DON'T CARE! :) But, yay. They know how to drag on a prison break, that's fo sho. :) I liked it....watched it til it ended.