Monday, April 30, 2012

How to Be the Prettiest Girl on the Beach

Easy: have the prettiest coverup. ;)

Last summer, while at the most beautiful, extravagant resort in Cabo San Lucas (just pulling up that link made my heart flutter), I met a girl from Dallas, Texas with the most exquisite cover ups I'd ever seen.  Each day she'd saunter down to one of the infinity pools in yet another flowy, bohemian kaftan.  I finally asked her: Where on earth are you getting these beauties?  She said she'd gotten them at Scoop NYC in Dallas, and that the brand was Donale St. Barth.

A furious search commenced!


Immediately upon return from the paradise that was Capella Pedragal in Cabo, I searched online and found dozens of gorgeous Donale St. Barth coverups.  They were long, boho, patterned, and drool-worthy.  But this year, I can't find them!  I did discover the above blue kaftan (which is beautiful), but I'm wondering where all the others went . . . any ideas on how to find them?

In the meantime, with the designer coverup on the brain, I found some other lovelies (that I can't afford):





Swimwear



Alas, I think I need to find some more affordable options.  Any ideas?  What do you think of these?

17 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Love it but $99 for a cover up? I guess, as it says, you could wear with jeans too?

FourJedis said...

Those are super-cute! Have you looked at Asos for affordable options? Glad I didn't see that blue one before the vacation from which I just returned. Ha.

nicoleciomek said...

We are going to Cabo in November and you've just inspired me to start looking for awesome cover ups. These are really beautiful. I will let you know if I come across cheaper but awesome options.

Leesh said...

I like the Tory Burch one. I think I saw a reasonable priced one at H & M, like for $19.95. I am going to check tonight because I need one for when I go to Mexico.

erin elder said...

I am LOVING the first one.... however, my cover-ups are very thrifty and so-cal.... I usually just buy an oversized t-shirt in a cute color/pattern and cut out the collar for an off-the-shoulder look. :P

Meghan said...

I love the Tory Burch one! I am now determined to find a cute cover-up...usually I just buy a cheap one from Target.

Kristin W said...

Tory Burch can do no wrong in my eyes! And if I could afford that, I'd be wearing it plenty of other spots than the beach!

Gracie said...

That first one is utterly stunning! The colour is so beautiful. A good cover up is a must in a resort (maybe that's why I never have one. I haven't been too many swanky resorts).

Mrs. Monologues said...

Love the one from VS. Cute coral color.

Holly said...

they are too pretty to take off!! i guess i always just wear a tank and shorts and rip em off when i get to the beach or pool.

i like this stuff:
http://www.calypsostbarth.com/

but also, too expensive!

Diana Mieczan said...

They are all super cute and the second one totally stole my heart! So pretty! Have a great morning. xo

Amy K said...

I love this! I am so excited for summer. I love your blog. I think we should follow each other! http://amyklundt.blogspot.com/

Much Love

bananas. said...

sequins at the pool...i can dig on that! loving the last one.

man i really need to step up my cover up game.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I know it might seem odd but did you look on ebay?

drollgirl said...

I LOVE ALL OF THEM! so gorgeous! so beautiful and airy and flowy! love them.

sadly every time i see an awesome caftan it seems like it is $600 or more! ack! who can afford that?! not me!

Kristen said...

LOOOOOOOVE the last one. Love. Love. Love.
I won't need a cover up this summer. I will be wearing a wet suit. Post-baby bump isn't quite ready for swimwear in public :)

Tee Jay Emm said...

If any of you guys are handle with scissors, needle, fabric - one of the Fashion Star patterns via McCalls is a close dupe for that Tory Burch dress. Another hint about that dress - what carries it is an amazing print. It would be a lot plainer in a single colored fabric.