Thursday, April 19, 2012

Two Striped Dresses I Covet

Now that I have a big ass robo-space-age-moon-boot on my left leg, I pretty much only want to wear maxi dresses.  I've been hunting around in stores and online, and I've come up with these two (albeit very different) black and white striped dresses that have piqued my interest:

Source: jcrew.com via Claire on Pinterest

jcrew.com, $98

Source: target.com via Claire on Pinterest

target.com, don't-know-how-much-but-surely-cheap

I like the J.Crew one a whole, whole lot, but I'm guessing it's about $75 more than the one from Target.  Furthermore, it would require trying on, whereas I could pretty safely guess how the Target one would fit (cause it's sleeveless and with an empire waist).  Are there any women out there who neither worry about how much clothes cost, nor how they look on their bodies?  If so, I don't want to know about them.

What do you think of these dresses?

p.s. How do you get Pinterest images centered on blog posts?  

14 comments:

Faiza said...

Both dresses would look amazing on you with yoru long blond locks!

I love the second dress just because it seems more "woman" to me and seems more curve friendly.

Happiness Is... said...

I love the 2nd one! I personally think J Crew is overpriced. Maybe that's just me, but I'd go for Target. I very much consider price when shopping.

Christianna said...

Both of these are really cute! I kinda like the Target one better though!

this free bird said...

Straight up Claire, I like the Target one better. Price aside, those wide stripes on the j.crew one could turn out to be mighty unforgiving.

A friend of mine texted me last night saying she found some great stuff in Target that was Free People/Anthro-esque. Heading over this aft and will report back. I'm taking your post as a sign.

So is my wallet.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I love the one from Target actually! I can't wear stripes though, not horizontally at least :(

To center pics you remove the apostrophe that appears before for the word float. I'll email you :)

undomestic chica said...

I always look at that Target one but have yet to buy it. Sorry about your moon boot :(

Jo said...

i think the target dress has a better shape to it, and i like the stripes on the target dress. and...i'd probably like the price on that dress a whole lot more! ;)

missy. said...

love the target one way more than BR. go with that one.

drollgirl said...

i love them both!!!!!!!

sometimes maxi dresses don't look so hot on me. but they are so comfortable that i love them! but sometimes i look like BRICK in them -- no waist! but maybe that isn't the dress' fault! lol

i buy so many clothes on-line. i'd say about 50% work out (this includes shoes), and 50% are returned. annoying, but you never know what will work and what won't. oy!

Mrs. Monologues said...

Love that jcrew dress. To center the pinterest images, paste it in html and then switch to the normal view click on it and hit center.

Leesh said...

Both dresses are nice. As much as I love striped maxi dresses, they seem to make me look huge. I would go with the Target one because like others who have commented, I find j. crew overpriced.

Lacey in the City said...

Those are cute! Michael Kors has one out just like that JCrew one also. I love the horizontal stripes, but girl these hips don't lie, and I couldn't pull off horizontal stripes like that if I had to!

Kristen said...

I love them both... but I am suuuuuuuper frugal these days. So I would opt for the one that costs less.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I really like both of them but I would go for the cheaper one.