Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday Favorites

Today I'm taking a page out of my girl The Bargain Blonde's book & giving you some Friday faves, as I sure love seeing other people's.  In fact, several bloggers (including Lindsey) recommended #3, which is why it is now one of my faves!  Run out and get yourself some immediately.  Here are some of my favorite things/discoveries of late:

1. Food
TOMATOES.  I cannot get enough.  It's finally tomato season in these parts & they are basically all I want to eat (unfortunately I like them best with crusty bread).  When I got home from San Quentin on Monday night, Matt had this spread waiting for me . . . and I was in heaven:

sliced & marinated tomatoes, Acme bread, hummus, and wine

I can't wait to go the farmers' market on Sunday and stock up.  Sweet cherry tomatoes, big fat heirlooms, sliceable hothouse tomatoes (like those pictured above) . . . divine.  Also, I made a decadent panzanella salad the other day with these tomatoes, fresh burrata cheese, basil, and thick, grilled bread chunks.  Let's just say it was amazing.  Here are a few tomato recipes for you to try out this summer:


2. Clothing
I pretty much wear maxi dresses all day every day in the summer.  And even though I have plenty, I'm always scoping out more.  Here are some of my favorites:



Source: jcrew.com via Claire on Pinterest




3. Beauty Product
This Dove Argan Oil Detangler is just as amazing as all the other bloggers are saying.  It's only $5, and it makes my long, wavy, frizzy hair SO SOFT and SHINY!


I got it at Target and I couldn't be more pleased.  Plus, it smells yummy, which is a big deal when it comes to hair products.  Thanks to this product, I haven't blow dried my hair all week.  Thank you, Lindsey et. al., for recommending this.  I love it.

Link up with Lindsey and share your faves!  Happy Friday!

14 comments:

Lindsey said...

Thank you for linking up love bug!! And you know I love tomatoes ... Matt is a good bf for having that ready for you. I also love that you used the word decadent.

The second dress is my fave and duh, I love that Dove stuff too! It's amazing! I do think I love the 3-day straight most still because my hair is really wavy and it helps me blow dry it!

Thank you so much for linking up! I'm about to e-mail you something that is going to blow your mind. Prepare yourself.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I've never been a tomato person but I've been obsessed for the last month. Like I eat them every day...of course with mozzarella and drenched in balsamic lol.

Katie Price said...

I love a good maxi dress! That J.Crew one looks especially flattering with that super deep V & tie.

Lesley said...

i am living in maxi dress too but this heat wave is putting a serious cramp in my style.
i am going to look for that detangler for matilda. she always gets the worst knots!

Megan said...

I love tomatoes yum!! There not very good here at the moment :-( I having been craving delicious spreads lately sourdough bread salami, cheese and olives so good. Have a lovely weekend xx

GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle said...

I like tomatoes too. They are so refreshing.

tara said...

loooveeee those maxi dresses!

meghan said...

I am going to either go get some of the detangler from Target tomorrow or just order it from drugstore.com. I've read about it several places on blogs now, and I need it for my frizzy mop. I also want to try the John Frieda 3-Day straight Lindsey mentioned too...

And I finally bought a maxi dress that works for me! It's just plain black, and it's from Old Navy...but it'll be perfect for our honeymoon. I love the ones that you picked! The third one is my favorite!

Aleyta said...

I love tomatoes!!! We are growing a bunch in our garden- they taste heavenly.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I LOVE all of those dresses! So cute! I want that first one.

Shoshanah said...

I really think there's nothing like a good caprese salad. Yes, it's such a simple thing, but it just feels like such a refreshing summer treat.

Mrs. Monologues said...

caprese salads and cute summer dresses? I need both of these in my life right this instant.

Leesh said...

I love that first maxi dress. It's so colourful!

sheba said...

i'm always looking for a tried-and-true hair product to tame this frizz so i'm definitely going to check this one out!