Monday, June 25, 2012

Weekend Update

Happy Monday, folks.  I've been a little sad this weekend that I'm not in Panama City, Florida, with the rest of the girls in my family . . . but they've been updating me with text pictures and phone calls, so at least there's that.  Sometimes it's hard living across the country.  Bicoastally, if you will. ;)

Even though I live in California right near the coast, and the view from Baker Beach is astounding (see my blog header, a picture I took with a cheap camera), I'll never stop missing Florida beaches.  They're so laid back and barefoot and warm and humble.  Beachfront stores selling airbrushed t-shirts and bars on the sand blaring Jimmy Buffet?  That's my kind of living.

In any case, onto my meager weekend update:

On Friday evening, Matt and I stopped at Marin Brewing Company (across the street from San Quentin, for you prison enthusiasts) for a quick bite to eat and one of my new favorite beers: Orange & Black Congrats Ale, brewed in honor of the Giants' World Series win:

locally-brewed black ale with orange zest

We spent the rest of the evening in bed, compromising on what to watch (a couple episodes of Prison Break + Tim & Eric's Billion Dollar Movie).  Ladies & gentlemen, I love my boyfriend enough to watch the entire Tim & Eric movie.  And you know what?  Aside from one horrific scene, it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  It even made me laugh a little.

I had Saturday to myself, and for the first time in recent memory, I didn't go anywhere.  Nor did I do much, aside from watching tv, painting my nails, and making veggie pasta.  It was blissful.  I'm so go-go-go by nature that I almost never stay home and RELAX, and man was it good.

On Sunday, Matt and I met up with our friends Diana and Adam at the Thai Buddhist Temple in Berkeley for brunch.  They do it every week as a fundraiser for the temple.  You trade in your dollars for coins, and there are various lines for various foods & drinks.  And if you're lucky, you see lil monks wandering around. :)

if you go, get the yellow curry & the mango sticky rice

In shallower news, I'm totally smitten with Sonia Kashuk nail polish.  Last week, I fell hard for the bright silvery Smoke & Mirrors, and a few days ago I went back for Tango Mango.  I LOVE IT.


So as you can see, my weekend consisted primarily of eating, drinking, and doing stuff like painting my nails & watching mindless tv.  Perhaps next weekend I'll engage in something a bit more substantial.  But till then, back to work i.e. dreaming about laying by the pool.

16 comments:

undomestic chica said...

Sounds like a heavenly weekend to me! I've never been to Florida, but I'd love to be in Hawaii right now!

Dana @five30three said...

Eating, drinking, painting your nails and watching tv sounds like an absolutely fabulous weekend to me. I am headed to Target this afternoon...perhaps I need to check out the nail polish collection there.

Thanks for linking up with us!

drollgirl said...

for you prison enthusiasts?! lol! that made me laugh!

sounds like a pretty good weekend to me. the best weekends seem to include delicious food, awesome sex, relaxation and fun. but i think we all know that. :)

melifaif said...

I hear ya on the day dreaming...Florida. Pool, it's whatever!!! :) Just to stay cooool....

Sami said...

Lazy weekends are great! I am loving that orange nail polish! Thanks for linking up with us :)

Marz said...

Oh giiiiiirl...thinking of Florida beaches makes me miss a lot of things!! I had the time of my life on those beaches. So often I find myself daydreaming about those moments. But you know all about what I'm talking about! I'm so sorry you didn't get to join the girls :( I feel that way about Micaela a lot of times (and she doesn't live bicoastally like you do!), that she always misses out because she's not close enough to get in the car and drive home to visit the way Maddie is. Which is way I'm counting down until we're all in AZ together!

I resent that Orange & Black Congrats ale!! Only because the Giants beat the Rangers (who C.J. was pitching for at the time!) in that World Series! But I'm sure it tastes delicious! :)

Your Saturday sounds pretty blissful! I'm the same way go-go-go so it was nice to take a LONG nap on Friday evening. And even when I go over to Ashleigh's it's so relaxing and just like vegging out at home, only I'm at her house and can enjoy her company. Those are the best friendships - the kind you can sit around and just be around each other. Just like ours ;)

We'll have to go to to the Thai Buddhist Temple sometime! I LOVE Thai food and the little monks sound adorable haha :)

Lindsey said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend to me. I'm very opposite of go-go-go and love having nothing to do! I have that tango mango color and love it too. I am not sure what movie you are even talking about, but I am going to IMDB it to find out. What a good girlfriend you are! What is vege pasta? I'm intrigued!

Lindsay said...

Ohhh that tango mango nail polish looks amazing! I think it's hard to find a good orange! And that beer sounds really interesting...I love trying new beers!

Leesh said...

Tango Mango is a great colour. And let me guess, the brand is only available at Target right? And we still don't have Target yet. I'll just have to be patient and wait until next year when Target comes to Toronto.

Hope you had a great weekend!

Kimberlee Van Der Wall said...

That's a gorgeous nail color! Sounds like you're quite the traveler :)

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

That sounds like a GREAT weekend to me! When I saw you Instagram that beer I so wanted to try it...and still do! YUM!

Sounds fun to go to the temple!

Here's to a great week ahead!!

Thanks for linking up with us :)

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

i ALMOST picked up tango mango friday, i loved it!

and right now FL is getting drenched with TONS of rain from Debby, and i think the panhandle will be getting it soon...so maybe you aren't missing quality beach time =)

bananas. said...

that beer looks amazing right now. must be monday...

um buddhists and brunch?! WHAAAAA?!!!?!?! how on earth have i never heard of this before? will definitely be looking into.

cynthia said...

I went to the temple for brunch/lunch last time I was in SF. That food is SO YUMMY!! And it's nice to support them by pigging out. :)

Aleyta said...

I live in the Bay Area too- I'm gonna check out that brunch! Sounds fabulous!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I seriously love Baker Beach! Once I get to Sac, I plan on making tons of trips over. How did I not know about this cute nail polish at Target?