Thursday, July 19, 2012

Not Quite Coming up for Air Yet . . .

This has been one of my busiest weeks to date.  We're in the midst of the Voice of Witness Education Program's annual teacher training, and it's been a blast helping a fantastic group of educators learn how to do oral history.  Furthermore, I'm halfway through the writing workshop I've been teaching, and ohhhhh man have those kids come up with some powerful, heartbreaking stories.  Somehow, I had to edit 12 stories between 7 pm on Tuesday and 8:30 am on Wednesday.

Lastly, my sister's in town!  She works for Mailchimp and is here meeting with clients.  She's got a pretty rad job that involves hip cocktail parties & car services.  As someone who has never worked outside the nonprofit world . . . I can only imagine. ;)

I'm missing all your blogs (and writing mine!), but I'll be back tomorrow with some Friday Faves a la The Bargain Blonde.  Hope you're all having a wonderful (and less chaotic than me) week!

4 comments:

drollgirl said...

busy busy busy! girl, you always have so much going on! i hope you still manage to make time for fun!

p.s. very curious for an update on the situation you mentioned a few posts back. i hope things went well!!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Have a great time with your sister! hope the court date went well.

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

at least the week is almost over!! hope you get to have some awesome fun with your sis =)

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I hope you get to spend some time with your sis this weekend! Sounds like you could use some fun :)