Monday, July 23, 2012

Weekend Update

Happy Monday!  Hope everyone had a great weekend.  I spent mine with some of my favorite people, sipped on delicious wine, and ate red velvet cake, so no complaints here.

My sister's been in town for work, so on Thursday, I joined her (and her company) at a cocktail party at Foreign Cinema.  Mailchimp knows how to throw down--we were in a gallery with an open bar and attentive servers refilling glasses--my kinda party!  Plus, I met the most darling host.  He was probably in his 70's, wearing a very formal suit and tie, and told me that he drives from Walnut Creek (an hour away) on Thursday and Friday evenings to host.  I helped him shell beans for a while, which took me right back to my childhood on my mama's front porch.

In any case, I came home from work on Friday exhausted after a looooooong week, so I didn't really do anything but sit around bleary-eyed watching tv with Matt.  But on Saturday, with sister in tow, we headed over to the Freitags' for a belated birthday celebration for Matt.  Milo and Jude were very excited to present him with his cake:


JJ cooked an incredible dinner on the grill, and we sat outside watching the sun set over Mount Tam--one of the best ways to spend a Saturday evening, if you ask me.  It's so nice to have so many people you love in one place. ♥ ♥


See what I mean?

Unfortunately, Kate and I did not do a good job of taking pictures together, and I came up short with only this super blurry, grainy picture of the two of us.  Good thing I'll be home in Georgia in August so we can remedy that!

Real photographers, avert your eyes!

Matt and I spent Sunday with Jasper: grilling out, being lazy, jewerly-making.  But after we returned him to his mama's house, we had a big event to prepare for.  I'm talkin' bout the BACHELORETTE FINALE, ladies & gentleman.  Can we say major upset?!?!  Matt and I went to our friends' Diana and Adam's house for the most-dramatic-(non)-rose-ceremony-in-Bachelor-history, where we shared amazing Jewish-Mediterranean food, lots of laughs, and collective shock over Emily's final choice.


I mean, whaaaaaaaat?  Who would've thought?  Matt live tweeted the whole event, which was pretty hilarious if I do say so myself.

What was everyone else up to this weekend?  Tell me tell me tell me!

18 comments:

6 in Love said...

I was totally rooting for Jef -one F! I thought they had a great, quirky little bond & loved how into her he was. The letter w/ all the things he loved about her sealed the deal for me. And who will be the next Bachelor? Sean, hopefully?

Meghan said...

That cake looks incredible! And I love that Matt live tweeted the finale! He's pretty hilarious:)

Meghan said...

That cake looks incredible! And I love that Matt live tweeted the finale! He's pretty hilarious:)

Dee Stephens said...

I love Mt. Tam :)
I watched the final scene even though I didn't watch all season. It's all dumb.. lol

Aleyta said...

What kind of jewelry do you make? I was totally team Jef :)

Faiza said...

What a perfect weekend! I love what you said about having so many people you love in one place. What a wonderful and warm feeling!

Marz said...

I love that Kate's job took her to SF! Must be incredible to live in such a hot spot that you get to spend time with family, friends and bloggers in town for business or pleasure. I love all the sister time you girls managed to squeeze in even though she was working. And I adore all your loves in one pic! I can only imagine how happy you were. I wish I had been at Matt's birthday celebration at JJ's! The sister pic of you girls is still amazing even if it is grainy! Isn't that what we love about Instagram? That it makes our pics look vintage and softer and have character with the filters? That's what that pic of you two reminds me of ;) Like you did it on purpose :)

So funny that Matt was for real "live" twetting in real time last night ;) I don't even watch the Bachelorette but I'm going to miss his "live" tweets!! What show will he live tweet next??!! I'll make sure to tune in :)

I miss you Claire and I'm glad you had such a great weekend!!! Love you xo

Kimberlee Van Der Wall said...

LMAO! Love your peanut butter and live tweets ;)

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

shelling peas?? you are a southern girl through and through ;)

and woman...the only thing i want more than pictures of those precious blonde boys i am definitely NOT plotting to steal...is some of that cake. OMG.

bananas. said...

despite the blur and grain and lighting...you and your sister make that picture one of kind. LOVE and love how happy you look!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Yay for a great weekend! So glad you and your sister got to spend quality time together :) And another yay for Matt's bday celebration.

Sounds like the perfect few days.

Thanks for linking up with us!

Dancing Branflake said...

Haha! I love that you celebrated the finale in such style. So fun!

drollgirl said...

you always have the most fun weekends! you get out and get it done! you socialize! i love it!

the most exciting part of my weekend was going to a drive-in theater. yep, a few of those still exist. this one was in THE HOOD (shocker!) and it was very entertaining. people kept honking their horns at the exciting parts in the movies. it made me laugh! ridic!

Alisa Marie said...

Yay - sounds like you had a great weekend! Is it the weekend again yet??? Now following!

Micaela said...

that is such a great photo of the people you love. i know sister time ALWAYS does my heart good (sounds like my kind of party too! i also really love that you shelled beans with the darling host-- one of the things that makes you wonderful) and i'm so happy you'll get to spend time with the rest of your family next month!

your boyfriend? hilarious! i don't want the bachelorette but i love that he does with you and his live tweets still had me laughing.

i've been home alone the past few nights so my weekend was pretty quiet except for a pool party with some friends. hard to drink my water when there's beer pong to be played (oh how it brings me back to college) :) but pigging out afterwards at home while watching "Big Love" was ALMOST as good ;) i just started watching that show and i'm so glad for the distraction-- i hate being home alone! and being this far along pregnant, its hard to sometimes walk so it's nice to be into a show again.

LOVE YOU!!!

Erika said...

Ooh, that cake is so cute; and I LOVE the fact that you had a Bachelorette Finale party/celebration. Can you believe I have never before seen that show? :P

J. said...

I'm dying for this kind of weekend- mine have been crammed with work, packing and moving Neil's stuff, work, meetings, and work.

Love you!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That Birthday cake looks too cute!!! I watched the finale too and I actually liked how it all went down.