Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday Faves

Hands down, my very favorite thing this week is this amazing picture of Milo, one of the darlin' boys I babysit.  I talk about his little brother Jude a lot, but Milo needs credit for being the total bad ass that he is.  Their family was in Hawaii last week, and Milo, who turned 4 this summer, is surfing like a rock star:


FOUR YEARS OLD.  This kid is destined for great things.  And I suspect the ladies will be falling at his feet the second he steps foot into kindergarten.  


THIS STUFF IS SO GOOD.  My friend Sara gave it to me and I can't get enough.  Normally, I don't really use lotion, but this smells so good that I can't resist.  It's made by Burt's Bees and the orangey smell is divine.  Find it in your local drugstore or Target!

Continuing on the beauty train, EYESHADOW.  Specifically, a very expensive one and a very cheap one, both new to me:


I've been coveting this for a long time, and my sis & bro-in-law gave it to me for my birthday last week.  Expensive, but worth every penny.  Such beautiful colors, a mixture of shimmery and matte, and the brush is pretty fantastic itself.


I was slightly hesitant about this one, because a) it is only $3 so how can it be that amazing? and b) I'd bought regular elf eyeshadow before and been disappointed.  But this mineral eyeshadow is GORGEOUS.  It stays on so well and looks incredible on.  I ordered three colors when elf had their 50% off sale a couple weeks ago, and now I plan on ordering lots more!  

And lastly, this article on anxiety and love by Daniel Smith.  I've had a serious anxiety disorder since I was a kid, and while it's pretty much under control now with medication + various techniques I've learned over the years, I'm still really interested in hearing about other people's experiences with anxiety. Daniel Smith has a new book out called Monkey Mind: A Memoir of Anxiety, that I ordered a few days ago.  I'll report back after I read it.

Happy weekend to all of you!

link up with my girl Lindsey!

13 comments:

Lindsey said...

That picture is amazing! I cannot believe he is surfing like that. Not sure Reese could do that!

LOVE Naked palette and have been wanting Naked 2 for forevs. Good to know you like it. When I get rich, I'll buy it for myself. Also, obsessed with the elf mineral. Second fave for sure.

Can't wait to hear what you think of this book!

ruthy ann said...

stopping by from the bargain blonde...feel free to link up here too!
http://www.discoverystreet.net/2012/08/friday-favesies-linky-free-ad-space.html

Kait said...

I am SO on the fence about the NAKED palette..I might just have to suck it up and buy it with my next paycheck..

Micaela said...

oh my goodness, i can't believe that's Milo!!! ROCK STAR indeed!!! he looks like a pro. Love it!!!

I picked up some güd hand lotion in pear and acai berry and it's currently in my hospital bag for delivery. :)

those colors from urban decay look amazing. I'm going to have to try some when i see you next so don't forget to bring it ;)

Brianna said...

Cute little Grommie!!! Gonna be a pro surfer for sure!!!
I have been lusting over the Naked palette too and hope to own it some day... I bought the elf mineral shadow when they were sold as a set in target and was pleasantly surprised too!!
And hold up... They did a special on Today on Monkey Mind, I only saw a few minutes before I had to leave for work but I want to read it!!! I have major anxiety and had like an anxiety attack last weekend right before I heard about it so I really wanted to read it!!

Meghan said...

Umm, that surfing photo is amazing! I may need to take some lessons from him when I am in Hawaii!

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

i love love LOVE both my naked palettes. i couldn't believe i spent $50 on eyeshadow when i bought the first one..now i can't live without it!

and you know how i feel about that tiny tow-headed surfer...LOVE!!!

Marz said...

OMG!!!!! Before I even read that was Milo I thought it was a celebrity baby!! hahaha That's AMAZING! ;) too cool!

drollgirl said...

SURFING AT 4?!?! holy shit!!!!!!

must try gud!

i begrudgingly paid for that urban decay2 naked palette and i LOVE IT. beautiful colors! perfect presentation! and the eyeshadow works so well! i only use about 4 or 5 of the colors, but i still love it all!

elf eyeshadow is CHEAP! must try that too!

and the joys of anxiety. i get worse and worse and more and more fearful and fretful as i get older. it is ANNOYING. and exhausting.

melifaif said...

Very interested to hear about the anxiety book...LOVE that title. :)

Christina said...

Look at that little surfer go! I am always shocked when I love something from e.l.f. Some products are total busts, but I love others. And because it’s so cheap I’m not afraid to try it all out.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I have been wanting that Naked Palette for so long!

nicoleciomek said...

That's so awesome he is surfing!!! He is going to be a real lady (or man) killer one day!