Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday Faves

Friday is becoming my favorite blogging day because I love sharing my current favorite things and reading all about everyone else's.  Lindsey is brilliant for this linkup: I've seriously found so much good stuff via these posts!  So now onto the good stuff:


When my previous black & gold sandals were on their last leg, I bought these Dolce Vita beauts at a DSW in Georgia.  I love them!  They're cute, my favorite color combo, have a protective metal strip at the toe so they don't easily scuff, and best of all?  They are so incredibly comfy.  I've basically been wearing them every day for the past few weeks.


What you see above is currently the 500 point gift at Sephora.  If, like me, you've been saving your points for something awesome, now is the time to cash in!  This set is amazing: the tinted primer works wonders, the eyeshadow is light, shimmery, and a perfect fall color, the lip gloss already has me addicted, and you get an eye pencil (goldy-blackish) and a mascara, too!  They're all half-sizes, but I suspect I'll be hunting down the full products once I go through these.  This gift box confirms my love for Laura Mercier.


Excuse the messy coffee table and note that this is my latest wine fave.  It's only $8.99 and it's so delicious.  I generally like red blends, and this one is the perfect combination of peppery and smooth.  I've bought three bottles in the past few weeks!  If you have a Trader Joe's near you, try it out!

And lastly, I leave you with my favorite Judebug clip ever, in which he says "lessssss goooo.  less do it" while urging me to "make a funny video of him."  HAHAHA!


Happy long weekend!

link up here!

19 comments:

Alicia Marie said...

That's a nice little kit Sephora put together for 500 points. I believe they should give way more for their points sometimes, cause it costs a lot of our money to get little travel size stuff. Have a good weekend!

GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle said...

I like Fridays too, but for many reasons. Of course, love reading about your faves.

undomestic chica said...

I love Laura Mercier too. I wear the mineral foundation and am in.love. That video of Jude? Adorable!

Marz said...

I LOVE your sandals!!! What a perfect colour combo for you ;) They look super comfy and will look super cute with your Saints gear ;)

JUDE!!!!! Ahhhhh I love it!!! What a cutie pie ;) He's grown so much since I have seen him! We must facetime next time you're over there ;)

I love you Claire! Have a great weekend! xoxo

drollgirl said...

those sandals are so cute! i have more dolce vita shoes than i care to admit -- it is a good brand that isn't tooooo pricey! yay for that!

i'll take that laura mercier packet of fun. seriously! i like her foundation (or whatever it is called), so i might as well get acquainted with the rest of her makeup line!

i will be hitting trader joe's this weekend. i already have a LOT of wine at home, but it is summer wine so i need to drink it fast (HA!). i will be trying this one out soon!

p.s. i have had a problem with lightheadedness lately, so a little booze just CLOBBERS me. i had about 1/2 a a beer the other day, and i was buzzzzzzzzed, big time. good, cheap fun. lol

meghan said...

I like this post. That kit you got is awesome! I use the Ulta points stuff and they really are kind of stinky. I should go for Sephora. I LOVE Laura Mercier. I use the tinter moisturizer and love it so much! And though I don't know that much about wine, your picture cracks me up because of the professional positioning! Ha!! Have a great weekend!!

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

That little guy is such a cutie!

Thanks for the headsup on the Sephora gift and your too cute sandals (I've been looking at Dolce Vita shoes for a while!)

Have a lovely weekend dear!

It's funny because i was just thinking I hadn't stopped by your blog in a while and needed to come over and you stopped by today too!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Micaela said...

i love those shoes! and your toes look so pretty in them :)

haha jude, oh jude always makes my day!!!

robayre said...

Doh! I just created a friday favorites banner yesterday, to use on my own blog (my blog banner has confetti) and just now I see your friday favorites link and realize how similar they are. I swear I did not copy it, head to desk. :)
http://www.robayre.com/news

Kristen said...

I love this post... I would say more but Quinn is currently trying to hijack the computer... ahhh!!!

Real College Student of Atlanta said...

fun fun! hope you're having a great weekend <3

Micaela said...

ps. i tagged you in my "random things about you" post! i wanna see a post about your 7 things but you don't necessarily have to do the tag others/awards if that makes sense:
http://dolcevitamicaela.blogspot.com/2012/09/random-things-about-me.html

a blog idea for a rainy day anyway :)

xo

Meg {henninglove} said...

those sandals are adorable on you!! cute purchase! i am so close to 500 points at sephora and i love love laura mercier, i guess i need to head over to sephora and buy enough stuff to get me over the 500 threshold

Holly said...

im such a dork for sephora beauty points, im going to see how many i have now to see if that set is in my future!

Lacey said...

I LOVE those shoes! And thanks for sharing that wine, I'll have to go get a bottle because I love red blends! I hope you had a great labor day!

Meghan said...

Girl, those shoes are FIERCE! And TJ"s wine? I die. They always have the best stuff!

Melina said...

your sandals look really nice
like your blog, would be happy if we could follow each other :)
x

Wifessionals said...

I LOVE those sandals. I have almost an identical pair (:

Lindsey said...

I need to new sandals because bear ate all mine. Legit I have one gross $2.50 gray old navy pair left. I need to remember to get that wine.