How is it Monday again? To be honest, I knew this weekend was gonna slip right out from under me. I had a work event on Friday night, so my weekend proper didn't really start until Saturday. Then, just a blink-of-an-eye and it's Monday. Sigh . . .
1. Voice of Witness released a new book, Throwing Stones at the Moon, and we had the release party this Friday night at 826 Valencia. It was a smashing success. :)
New books + wine + Mediterranean food + 826 = a delightful Friday night.
2. I got to FaceTime with Micaela, Marianne, and Micaela's new baby, Felix. She's such a doll! An impressively big baby with a splash of black hair. She's beautiful, just like her mama and auntie:
excuse the blurriness--focus on the cute baby face!
3. My sister is back in town, and this time she brought my brother-in-law with her! If you've ever seen his website, you know that he's an amazing photographer, and yesterday evening, we met up with the Freitags so he could take pictures of Milo and Jude. You can imagine the cuteness. When they're ready, I will share them (obviously), but here are two iPhone pics I snapped while we were traipsing around the Marin Headlands:
Kate & Judebug, hand-in-hand
one seriously cute kid
Oh, and look at this filter-less picture of the Golden Gate bridge yesterday afternoon. My goodness, it's so pretty here:
I also went on a run for the first time in like a month, which was pretty awesome. Especially since it was along this bay path where I could see the Golden Gate Bridge spanning the entire time. Makes it a little easier to keep going! Though not that much easier. I was definitely S-L-O-W. Takes a while to get back into the swing of things . . .
1. Matt has apparently contracted the horrible virus I had last week. He's been in bed, miserable, for the past few days. Poor thing! And this is his reward for taking such good care of me when I was sick last week. :(
2. My football team. I just--I don't know if I'm ready to talk about it.
We were up 24-6, in our own dome, and still managed to lose by a field goal in overtime. I can just see Sean Payton watching from his couch at home, head in hands, whiskey by his side. WHAT IS GOING ON, BOYS?!
And here we are at Monday again. I'm pushing through classes (tonight) & meetings (today & tomorrow) all just to get to Tuesday night's Sons of Anarchy. Someone's gonna die . . . but who???
link up here!