Monday, September 24, 2012

A High/Low Weekend in San Francisco

How is it Monday again?  To be honest, I knew this weekend was gonna slip right out from under me.  I had a work event on Friday night, so my weekend proper didn't really start until Saturday.  Then, just a blink-of-an-eye and it's Monday.  Sigh . . .

HIGHS:

1. Voice of Witness released a new book, Throwing Stones at the Moon, and we had the release party this Friday night at 826 Valencia.  It was a smashing success. :)

Arrrrgh.

New books + wine + Mediterranean food + 826 = a delightful Friday night.

2. I got to FaceTime with Micaela, Marianne, and Micaela's new baby, Felix.  She's such a doll!  An impressively big baby with a splash of black hair.  She's beautiful, just like her mama and auntie:

excuse the blurriness--focus on the cute baby face!

3. My sister is back in town, and this time she brought my brother-in-law with her!  If you've ever seen his website, you know that he's an amazing photographer, and yesterday evening, we met up with the Freitags so he could take pictures of Milo and Jude.  You can imagine the cuteness.  When they're ready, I will share them (obviously), but here are two iPhone pics I snapped while we were traipsing around the Marin Headlands:

Kate & Judebug, hand-in-hand

one seriously cute kid

Oh, and look at this filter-less picture of the Golden Gate bridge yesterday afternoon.  My goodness, it's so pretty here:


I also went on a run for the first time in like a month, which was pretty awesome.  Especially since it was along this bay path where I could see the Golden Gate Bridge spanning the entire time.  Makes it a little easier to keep going!  Though not that much easier.  I was definitely S-L-O-W.  Takes a while to get back into the swing of things . . .

LOWS:

1. Matt has apparently contracted the horrible virus I had last week.  He's been in bed, miserable, for the past few days.  Poor thing!  And this is his reward for taking such good care of me when I was sick last week. :(

2. My football team.  I just--I don't know if I'm ready to talk about it.  

from nola.com

We were up 24-6, in our own dome, and still managed to lose by a field goal in overtime.  I can just see Sean Payton watching from his couch at home, head in hands, whiskey by his side.  WHAT IS GOING ON, BOYS?!  

And here we are at Monday again.  I'm pushing through classes (tonight) & meetings (today & tomorrow) all just to get to Tuesday night's Sons of Anarchy.  Someone's gonna die . . . but who???

link up here!

18 comments:

elizalouise.bell said...

That pic is beautiful of the bridge! Makes me miss San Francisco lots.

Lesley said...

i can't wait to see the pictures! sorry matt is sick. :( san francisco is so gorgeous. sorry that i missed you sunday. i was in bed. :/ ps baby felix is too cute!

drollgirl said...

omg, the most adorable baby and kid pics EVER! so CUTE!!!

and your golden gate shot?! AWESOME!!!!!!!

the weekends go by so fast. it kinda sucks.

i was a little confused on the new season of SOA, so i re-watched the previous season over the last week or so. UM, WHO DOES THAT?!?!?! lol. they pack a lot of plot and info in each episode. sometimes it makes my head spin. or maybe i just have trouble concentrating when i am watching the ultimate male! ha!

Kathy said...

the weekends fly by way too fast.

and i can't wait for SOA! i really hate watching shows live; it's the waiting each week for a new episode that i can't stand!

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Aww little Felix is too, too cute as is Jude!
It is a bummer that Matt is sick now too! I had a little bug but am thankfull over it!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

i am totally stealing j-man's pose for my scarf shots...it's basically my new favorite thing.

Christina Monique said...

Lucky!! Facetime with Beautiful Felix!! :) isnt she breath taking. I love her and I haven't met her yet. Now I know the way they feel about Sollie :) . You have a beautiful view on your run. Ill be there in January for a month but I think it may be too cold for a run...:(

Dana @ five30three said...

Love that you got to Facetime with the little one. I still need to figure out how to use that so I can have my son interact with my parents since we all have iphones. But they live so close it's easier just to see them in person than try and tackle another technology feat like Facetime.

Thanks for linking up, Claire!

Jo said...

hooray for face time!! felix is such a beautiful baby!
hope you have a great week that just flies by!!

Andiepants said...

Claire,
your weekend sounds so nice and relaxing! And the pictures, from your iphone...really? I wish Miami was a bit less "flat".
Those babies make my ovaries hurt!
On the plus side, I did head out for a run for the first time in months! So different that the treadmill! I was so pooped that I fell asleep and couldn't get back to running today ;)

Hope you and your hunny are feeling better!

Andie's Traveling Pants

Megan said...

Oh my goodness little Felix is so cute, I am jealous that you got some face time :P
It has been a year since I was in SF and hearing about you being able to see this every day makes me miss it so much - I definitely fell in love with the city! I hope you enjoyed you SOA episode - I think it would have aired by the time I am writing this :)

Marz said...

I loved that we got to facetime while I was there! Isn't it incredible finally getting to see Felix when the last time we were at your place visiting Micaela was only 5 months pregnant?! Time flies! She is the most precious, most beautiful little girl (along with Sollie!) and I can't wait for you to get to hold her ;) I'll never forget seeing her for the first time and thinking how much she looked like Micaela!

Ahhhh! I can't wait to see the Freitags pics! Your brother-in-law is super talented! I wish he could take Felix's pics. Jude is soooo adorable!

My lover C.J. recently posted a ton of pics from the Golden Gate Bridge and it made me miss it so much! Love that pic you snapped :)

Hope Matt feels better soon!

Krystal said...

that baby is adorable!! even blurry! it sounds like it was a good w/e overall though, hope the week is going well too!

holli said...

Hello my fellow SOA fan- i'm sure you've heard the news today that half-sack died today for real. So sad!! AND, dont even get me started on this week's episode. I am so sad about who died. :(

Micaela said...

awww you are so sweet to include my little girl in your highs :) and reading everyone's comments about her makes my heart full! <3 THE SWEETEST!!!

yes! your bro-in-law is an amazing photographer (how i wish he could take felix's newborn pics) that i can't wait to see the Freitags family photos- especially after the one you snapped of your judebug!

i didn't even realize how bad the Saints game was until you texted me. Ouch :(

speaking of someone dying in SOA... did you watch the season premier of Grey's?!

love you!!

Lindsey said...

Oh! Hai, I'm finally catching up on your blog. I've missed you!,, I can't wait to see the pics of the boys. See, I'm so disconnected I didn't even know u we're sick or that your sister was in town. And yes, I'm chicken pecking as I type this to you. I actually got a Bluetooth keyboard in the mail today but I think it's faulty. I ordered it from amazon and it shipped from china. Story of my life. Miss you. That is all. Can I make u grilled cheese and tomato soup?

Faiza said...

yay that you got to see your sister! i saw my brother for a few hours this weekend and it was bliss!

hope that matt feels better VERY soon. tell him i am missing him in my instagram feed.

hugs to you!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Yay! That's great that your sister is/was in town! That sucks Matt is sick.