Saturday, September 22, 2012

Ladies & Gentlemen, We Have a New Book!

Last night, we had the San Francisco book release of Voice of Witness's newest title, Throwing Stones at the Moon: Narratives from Colombians Displaced by Violence.  


Throwing Stones at the Moon is a collection of oral histories from Colombians who have suffered under military, paramilitary, and guerilla violence, and have been displaced inside and out of their own country.  Lots of people worked very hard on this book (especially the brave narrators), and we're so excited to add it to the ranks.  It's in good company, you know!

7 comments:

Kristin W said...

Congrats Claire! Sounds like an awesome read!

Krystal said...

i am definitely intrigued by this! sounds up my alley.

and i love to hear that you love not being busy. life is so much more full when its manageable i think. balance is so key. sounds cliche but it's pretty true i think :)

Erika said...

Congratulations Claire! This looks like such an interesting read!!! :)

GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle said...

It certainly sounds like a great and honest book. I'd love to pick this one up.

Lindsey said...

Why didn't you tell me you wrote and published a book? haha JFK I want to read this though. Once I get my life a little more in order, I will!

Lindsey said...

Just kidding, not JFK ... Thanks autocorrect

Faiza said...

very cool!

i am slowly making my way through patriot acts. each story really affects me. i went back and read the first one again and was crying throughout. i'm giving myself time to process each person's narrative and reading one every few weeks.

what bravery and what self-love to tell these stories.