Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Randoms on a Tuesday

Why hello there, blogging world.  My dreams of posting consistently each weekday came to a screeching halt last week when I was overrun by a fever & a sore throat . . . at last, I am better, and here to share some disconnected thoughts today:

1.  Those of you who follow me on twitter and/or instagram saw this already, but how adorable is this baby deer I saw last night at San Quentin?

hiiiiiiii, Bambi!

I've seen many a cute animal on the prison grounds (it's deliciously ironic!), but this little thing tops the list.  She was grazing in the middle of the prison, right across from the H-Unit, where I teach my Monday night poetry class.  Best of all?  When I slowed down my car and rolled down the window to snap her picture, she didn't even scamper away.  Lil darlin!  

2. This show:


You're probably shocked to hear me talk about anything other than Sons of Anarchy (especially on a Tuesday!), but I swear . . . this show is so damn good.  I can't get Matt to give it a chance since he's "not into serial dramas," but I guess I can't blame him, because I won't watch 95% of the movies he suggests. When I was sick this past weekend, I had a marathon catch-up-on-Parenthood session, and it was blissful.  

Except that the Bravermans make me believe that no other family will ever live up to the awesomeness that is their family.  You know what I mean?  It also makes me want four kids.  And to stay in the Bay Area forever.  Also, my crush on Adam Braverman is undying and I think Jasmine is the most beautiful woman in the world:


How is she real??  I can't stop staring at her.  I wonder what it's like to wander around life THAT BEAUTIFUL.  Amazing.

3. You'll notice my radio silence on the subject of football.  This is how I'm feeling about the season thus far:


4. My sister's coming back to town this weekend, and then my cousins are coming the first weekend in October.  Can't wait!  This time, my photographer brother-in-law is going to take pictures of my favorite little guys, Milo and Jude.  Pics to follow. :)  In the meantime, feast on this video.  Jude thinks Matt has a chicken (after seeing pictures of the chickens when Matt and I were house-sitting in the country a couple weeks ago).  He also thinks that he found "Matt's chicken" in one of his books:

video

Happy Sons of Anarchy Day!

14 comments:

holli said...

Yes and happy SOA to you too! I am so excited for tonight's show. I'm debating if i want to get started on Parenthood again. I watched faithfully every season but i tapered off at the end and missed the last few shows. I really like it but there are so many others i'm watching... hmmmm.

GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle said...

Hi. Thanks for your kind words on your last comment.

Yes. the baby deer is absolutely adorable, and that girl Jasmine is just perfection in human form.

undomestic chica said...

Love hearing your voice! Hope you're feeling better.

6 in Love said...

Love, love, love, love, love Parenthood. I can't get enough! Keep the posts about it coming thru the season! =)

Leesh said...

I'm still so mad that Sons of Anarchy doesn't play of FX Canada. I will always be a day late in watching it. And that kills me!

I still have to pick up some kind of SoA gear. I keep on forgetting to look for it when I am in SF/SJ.

Dancing Branflake said...

Oh, I love Bambi! And I do love Jasmine. She's so beautiful!

Megan said...

Um I am dying over this comment "I wonder what it's like to wander around life THAT BEAUTIFUL. Amazing." But I totes agree.
That baby deer is so cute, I saw three baby bunnies today...I chased them but they ran down a hole - I kind of felt like Alice in Wonderland, dont worry I didnt try to go down the hole.

drollgirl said...

i hope you are feeling all better!

that dear! so cute!!! it must feel funny leaving a prison in a CAR. i am sure the inmates are so jealous of those that can come and go. :/

and it is hilarious that you posted a pic of munch's the scream as a reaction to a SPORTS issue. HAHAHAHHAHAHH!!!! that is so funny! but i suppose that painting's message/visual can be applied to just about any topic, even dismay over football season. HAHAH!!!!

drollgirl said...

whoops, i meant DEER, not dear. christ!

Kathy said...

i'm looking for new shows to watch to i'll do some research on parenthood. thanks for the tip!

BTW, SOA is AWESOME! i'm glad how this season is turning out so far.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I finally caught an episode of SOA!!! I had been wanting to watch it and the other day I guess a repeat was on. Now I'm going to have to start at the beginning!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Parenthood. I caught up on previous seasons last year and now am following along this season. It's one of my favorite shows!

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

a baby deer AND a jude video?? i think you might be trying to kill me with the adorableness!!!

Lindsey said...

I couldn't pay attention to anything else in this blog post other than Parenthood. I cry like a baby during ever single episode. It should come as no surprise to us that it is yet another thing we have in common. Parenthood is so damn good, it isn't fair to other shows.