But then a woman walked into the coffee shop and greeted him like an old friend, and he couldn't remember her name. It was as if he'd used up all his head space on more important things, or something . . . in any case, all this is to say that I feel like this week has left me without much headspace. So here's a list of miscellany for you this Friday:
1. Tonight, Matt and I watched Drive. Have you seen it? Someone had recommended it to me (but my crowded brain won't let me remember who--who among you asked me if I'd seen it??), and given that it stars Ryan Gosling, I jumped on that train quick. It was incredibly gory--like excessively so, I'd say--but otherwise, a really good movie. And the main character looks like this:
So there's that.
2. I'm feeling a bit anxious about the end of campaign season. We only get presidential debates every four years, and I eat it up. I love the news stories, the gaffes, the poll peaks and dips . . . all of it. And while there's a big part of me that's excited for November 6th, I know that the next day will feel like the day after Christmas . . . times four.
3. I got to book a work trip to Vegas for next month, and Lord knows I'm psyched about getting to hang out & cause destruction with this girl:
I'm also excited for the National Council of Teachers of English Conference, of course. ;) Despite my opposition to their use of the same preposition on either side of a word. Pet peeve, folks.
4. I was IMing with my sister and my brother-in-law at the same time today, and with their chat windows side-by-side, I couldn't help but giggle at their avatars:
huge dog looking straight ahead // huge dog in profile
5. Okay it's 2 am, and I have to leave here at 7:30 am tomorrow, so I need to go the F to sleep. If only I were as sleepy at night as I am in the mornings! The curse of the insomniac.
Happy Friday, everyone!
Oh, and thank you all so much for your incredible support on this post. It helped me so much! I intend to reply back to each of you, and although I'm a little behind, don't think your words of encouragement didn't mean the world to me!