Thursday, October 25, 2012

Ann Coulter: The Joke's on Her?

Just when you think Ann Coulter can no longer shock you, she up and calls Obama a "retard" on twitter.

You've all heard about this by now, I'm sure.  When I first got wind of her most recent antics, I cringed, but I wasn't shocked.  She's been doing this for years: spewing hate in attempt to get the media's attention.  And damned if it doesn't work every time.


Here's what I'm left pondering: is she serious?  How much of what she says is actually what she believes in her heart of hearts, and how much of it is just to maintain her cartoonish image?  Either way, she made a very conscious choice on Monday night when she referred to our president as a "retard."  If she was in character, so to speak, she still chose to make a move that was harmful and hurtful to an entire community of people.  

She is a smart woman.  She went to Cornell and then to law school.  She has a deep understanding of politics--I am sure--and yet, she behaves like an imbecile.  I wonder if someone will fund me to go undercover and worm my way into her inner circle so that I can discover the truth: Is Ann Coulter a living, breathing, embodiment of hate and oppression, or is she doing this all for a good laugh?

Regardless, it isn't funny.  

Did you see this open letter to Ann Coulter written by Special Olympian John Franklin Stephens?  Pretty f'in impressive if you ask me.

I'm not above ALL name-calling.

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

I bet she just does it to be ridiculous but in the end, she's getting just what she wants - attention.
(although, my friend's kid asked her if retard meant "to tard again" like being tardy at school multiple times. oh kids!)

Ashley said...

WOW! Seriously? Who name calls the President of the United States a retard?

holli said...

Wow that letter is very impressive. She's an attention whore ( sorry for my bluntness). Bad attention is still attention to her.
You know like him or not, Obama is the President of the United States and there needs to be some level of respect to that.

undomestic chica said...

She's a disgusting human being.

Brianna said...

haha love the ecard at the end. perrrrfect. She is ridiculous and this shows her lack of tact. Honestly.

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

i don't say this about anyone...but she is a WASTE OF SPACE on the planet. same goes for those westboro baptist freaks. just...stop taking up the extra oxygen.

Helene said...

she is just...no words. ugh and a half.It frustrates me when educated women make such idiotic remarks

Christina said...

I don't say hate often, but I really do hate her. Thank you for linking that open letter. I hadn't had a chance to read it yet.

drollgirl said...

I LOATHE THAT WOMAN.

Meri said...

I think she will say anything to get press. I can't imagine any other reason she says the things she does. Michelle Bachmann is similar, I think she's an attention seeking horrible person.

Lindsey said...

I can't with her.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Ugh, she's awful. I need to read that open letter.