Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What's been going down in my kitchen

Lately I've been a little pin-obsessed, which is actually okay since I've made some incredibly delicious dinners (and, uh, pumpkin chocolate chip bread . . . twice).  The best part about these recipes is that they were all SO EASY.

This was basically the easiest thing I've ever made.  I browned some soy meat (for protein) with a small onion, and then added it to the crockpot with a jar of spaghetti sauce, a pack of linguini, various cheese,  a few spices, and then another jar of spaghetti sauce.  That's it.  SO EASY SO GOOD.

The only redeeming thing I can say about this is that I used nonfat Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. But damn is it delish.

This was relatively simple to put together, incredibly yummy, and mostly healthy.  It's going in permanent rotation!  Seriously tastes like hashbrown casserole . . . spaghetti squash is magic, I tell you.  Magic.

This one took about 3 minutes of prep: cut red potatoes into big chunks, loosely chop a head of cabbage into equally big chunks, and throw into the crockpot with olive oil, plenty of balsamic vinegar, and spices.  It was simple, nutritious, and had a great flavor.

I made this beauty last night and was so happy with how it turned out!  This is another one that took all of 5 minutes to put together.  I used a bag of frozen Quorn "chicken" instead of real meat, mixed it with a bag of frozen veggies, two cans of cream of celery soup, and some spices.  Bake that mixture for 20 minutes (covered in foil), add canned biscuits to the top, and bake for another 20 minutes (uncovered).  Such great comfort food, and other than the biscuits, it's not bad for you! ;)

If you have recipe boards on Pinterest, please share with me!  Mine is here if you want to check it out.

12 comments:

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

I need to figure out if there are slow cookers in Asia and get one. Ooh and biscuit topped anything is great!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Tyler said...

Oh those all look delicious!

Dee Stephens said...

The last one would be my favorite!

Kai Mercado said...

lol I should not have read this post when I was hungry...

AmericanBridget (Jones) said...

I have a crock pot that rarely gets used...thanks for the inspiration!

Kara said...

God bless that freaking spaghetti! I made it last week and my husband literally yelled THIS IS SO GOOD! Isn't that like the most amazing recipe ever??

Megan said...

I go nuts pinning stuff on pinterest and never take the time to bloody make anything!! This has definitely inspired me to stop pinning and start doing - I especially want to try that spaghetti squash looks so good!

undomestic chica said...

These look so good, I wish I wasn't so picky.

Down and Out Chic said...

oh yum, yum, yum. I'm kind of having a new found love affair with my crock pot so any crock pot recipes you throw my way, I will definitely eat up!

zen said...

This post made me super hungry!!

--
Reading via the NuffnangX app- follow your favorite blogs on the go!

drollgirl said...

this post illustrates the fact that you are so much healthier than me. but i am eating more veggies, which is a start. ;)

i have been hoarding more recipes lately. i'll pass along any that are worthy!

Lindsey said...

The funny part about this post is I've seen all of these dishes via text message from you. I like that we keep eachother in the loop on all of our culinary conquests. Aka poor decisions. ALthough most of these are not poor at all. I did order eggplant parm last night at Olive Garden (which was a super poor decision) ... why did we go to Olive Garden, I do not know. But their salad and breadsticks were amazing. I cannot wait to cook again but you already know this. And by cook I mean crockpot shit from pinterest.