Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday Faves

Happy Friday, everyone!  We're gearing up for a visit from Matt's dad this weekend (he lives in New Jersey and is coping with the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy--he still doesn't have any power!), so I'm in cleaning/organizing mode.  Gotta at least dupe guests with the idea that our house is normally in perfect order! ;)

Here are some of my favorite things this week.  Behold:

FAVORITE RECIPE:

I made these lasagna cupcakes on Halloween, and they are divine!  They took a little assembly time, but when all's said and done, the whole thing took maybe an hour (including cooking time).  I made two trays of them and froze one--how domestic, right?  Try them--they're soooo delish.

FAVORITE TV SHOW:


Loving this show so much.  It's so good to have at least one of the Friday Night Lights folks back in my life, though it's weird to see her without Eric Taylor by her side.  Nashville has quickly become one of my favorites--have you been watching?

FAVORITE VIDEO:

I have watched this video approximately 84 times and will continue to do so.  This 4 year old girl started crying while listening to NPR in the car with her mama, and when asked what was wrong, she expressed that she was "tired of Bronco Bama and Mitt Romney."  HILARIOUS!

What are you loving this week?  Link up with Lindsey here!

14 comments:

Lindsey said...

HA! I have not seen this video and I'm about to watch. Thanks for linking up! SEE YOU SO SOON!

mommyspice said...

I feel her pain! And I LOVE Nashville! I never watched Friday Night Lights, but I loved Connie on American Horror Story. Are you watching that? Because you need to, it's amazing. Happy Friday!

Tiffany said...

I have made those lasagna cupcakes before that they are a huge hit!! SO good!!

I am dying laughing at this girl crying. That's how I feel about the election. Totally emailing this to everyone I kniow! Ha!

Have a great weekend!

~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

Helene said...

that video is sooo cute!! love it!

Marz said...

There's nothing I love more than finger foods!! And lasagna is one of my absolute favourite meals in the world. Put these two together and I would be in heaven ;) I'll have to tell Ashleigh we need to make these on our next girls night in! ;)

I actually meant to DVR Nashville when it came on because I loved the previews and then I completely forgot. X-Factor is such a huge commitment (I'm a week behind on it as it is!) that I feel like I have no time for any other shows! ha

Can you believe election day is already upon us? I'm SO glad I early voted. I'll be thinking of you the entire day on Nov. 7th. I'll know how sad you will be missing everything that comes with election time!

p.s. I was online browsing on Forever 21 today and I thought about your plus-sized post. XL is plus size on Forever 21. Ridic.

Meghan said...

I am loving Nashville, too! I've only seen the first three episodes, but the music is AMAZING!

Natalie Hames said...

Nashville is the only new show I started watching this season and I love it!! Makes me wanna visit Music City STAT!

Found ya via Friday Faves!!

Natalie
carolinaprep56.blogspot.com

April said...

I love Nashville, too!!! Connie Britton is the best. Did you watch American Horror Story last year? I want her hair!

Rachel said...

Yum, I definitely need to try those! I have a feeling my husband would love them. :)

Rachel
http://www.postcardsfromrachel.com

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

nashville is AWESOME. i love a good dose of drama, plus the music is great =)

are you watching scandal at all?? if not, GO WATCH!! it's the best. for realz.

drollgirl said...

omg those little lasagnas! they look so good!

i have heard good things about that show, but i can't do country. and i am already bogged down by so many good shows -- it is hard to find the time for them all!

and that video says it all. this election season has been so difficult. the stakes are so high, and it looks like it is going to be a squeaker. let's hope that the good guy wins.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh my gosh, that video is awesome. I haven't seen it till now! lol

Um.. I am totally loving Nashville! Did you know that you can get the music too on itunes? I'm listening all the time!

Faiza said...

GObama!

Diana Mieczan said...

Those lasagna cupcakes look so delicious and cute! I need to try them:) Muah