Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Some Tuesday Miscellany

Apparently I've been too busy for blogging these days! Trying to snap back into shape in the form of a general life update + some randoms:

This past weekend was so pretty in San Francisco. It's finally starting to get chilly (yay!) and a trip downtown on Friday night proved that my favorite time of year has arrived!

The tree in Union Square

Even better than the big tree? The ice skating rink is open!! I can't wait to get tickets and make a date to skate around Union Square while listening to Christmas music and gazing at the enormous tree. It's one of my favorite things to do all year. While we didn't ice skate on Friday night, Matt and I did have a sushi date downtown, followed by dessert at Burger Bar. Feast your eyes on this:


That is a sugar donut (halved), passion fruit gelee, a nutella "burger," cheesecake mousse, kiwi, and strawberry. Holy mother, it was amazing. Terrified to calculate how many calories I consumed with that bad boy, but it was unequivocally worth it!

I did have to exercise a lot this weekend to make up for the Dessert Incident of Friday Night. I went for a neighborhood run on Saturday, and then put in 5.5 hilly miles (alternating running & walking) on Sunday. I still may not have burned off those Burger Bar calories . . . haha.

And then something marvelous happened on Sunday:

nola.com

The Saints beat their rivals--the previously undefeated Falcons--on Sunday! I was biting my nails on the edge of my seat, but my boys brought home a sweet, sweet victory in the end. The Saints/Falcons games are especially meaningful to me since I'm from Atlanta, but went to college in New Orleans and am a Saints fan. You can imagine the shit-talkin' that goes down on my facebook timeline. ;) I didn't gloat, though . . . it was an incredibly well-played game on both sides, and the score is always close between these two teams. In any case, WHO DAT!

Yesterday it was back to the grind, with meetings and classroom visits and such. But I'm lucky to have a job that I think is fun. I know that's pretty rare. And speaking of my job, I'm off to Vegas on Thursday for the National Council of Teachers of English conference . . . needless to say, I cannot wait to see this girl

In other news, have you seen this blog post? I cannot stop reading. 

Also, this is my current favorite thing:


But don't ask me where I got it.

Okay, time to get back to work. Looking forward to catching up on your blogs--I've missed everyone!

18 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Yay!! Again, thank you thank you thank you for enabling me to watch! You're the best!

Ah I can't believe it's been a full year since I was in SF. But at least I got to see you and those pretty decorations!

Have an amazing time in Vegas!

Lindsey said...

I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU SO SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and where did you get your candle???

Helene said...

oooh that tree is soo gorgeous! and that burger dessert! unreal!

melifaif said...

FUN!!!! I wanna go skating with you....

Kathy said...

omg some drool just fell onto my keyboard just looking at that delish dessert!

Dee Stephens said...

Christmas in the city!!! YAY!!!
Speaking of Saints, come check out my latest post.
Also, Shelby's nursery is up.

this free bird said...

When you insta'd that dessert I damn near fell off my chair. JACKPOT!!

ps-bless you for your aging words. clinging to them. heh

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

i have already told the husband we will be on a mission for a skillet candle of my very own!!

Megan said...

That burger looks freaking amazing, some food is just worth the calories!! I can't ice skate it is so hard, I have tried twice and failed so have officially given up :(

Krystal said...

that is definitely a dessert incident, haha!!

Kara said...

I got a couple Paula Deen candles for Christmas last year and I am not ashamed to say that I LOVE THEM.

Micaela said...

i have been wondering where your posts have been! :) i figured you were spending time with Matt's Dad. How was his visit? hope everything was fine back at his home.

To go ice-skating with you would be so much fun! i bet it looks as magical as the photos you post each year of the tree (i always look forward to it!)

i couldn't get over that dessert when i saw it on insstagram. You had me at Nutella. I am thinking it is SO worth it!!!

good for you on the exercise! I had my first pilates class yesterday and even though i took it way easy, it felt good to just be working out muscles i haven't in months! I am nervous about running again and if when i was running, 3 miles was tops for me lol good for you (AND with hills!)

i'm excited for you to meet Lindsey and think it's awesome that you have a work trip to VEGAS. Can't wait to hear all about it!

that blog post? OMG.


drollgirl said...

ok, i just clicked on that link and started to read. OMFG women should not vote??!??!?!?!?!?!?
df ahajfd asf
a fhasf
ashfads af
dajsd
fa
fasdfja
fa

a
a
a

i cannot think of anything nice to say, so i will stop right now.

Jo said...

that dessert looks amaaaazing! and good for you for running it off...i don't think i would even have tried. and i may have already made a plan to go back for more. lol!

that post...holy wow!! no words.

i hope you're having a great time in vegas!!
xo

Allison said...

I miss San Francisco so much -- I think I'm going to need a Cali trip so that you, Leeann, and I can have a girls weekend! :) (Though if you two talk football, I'll just smile and nod and pretend I know what you're talking about).
Also - holy. shit. That dessert looks unreal. Sometimes calories are totally worth it.
Missed you, lovely! xox

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Oh my, my, my, that dessert from Burger Bar looks ahhhhhmazing! Oh and it has nutella?! Sounds like heaven! Omg! Yum!!!! I think my brother and his wifey are going down to Union Square this weekend too. My brother plans on taking his wifey ice skating. It will be her first time to go ice skating.

Marz said...

I would LOVE to come to SF during the Christmas time! The tree in Union Square is SO beautiful! I can't wait to put my Christmas tree up in my office. I bought a mini one and have literally wanted to put it up every single day since buying it! Thankfully just a couple of more days :) Can't wait to hear about Vegas! So glad you got to meet up with some great bloggers. p.s. I would like a dessert burger RIGHT NOW!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh my gosh! That desert burger looks amazing!!!!! Love the tree! I need to get over there and see it and skate!