Wednesday, November 21, 2012

What happens in Vegas . . .

You know your job is pretty awesome when it sends you to Vegas for an English teachers' conference. And you get to stay at the Cosmopolitan and hang out with your buddy Lindsey and attend a workshop entitled Literacy on Lockdown about teaching writing in correctional facilities. The conference was really great--TONS of books, lots of information, lots of chatting about our incredible Voice of Witness titles . . . but I'm pretty sure y'all are not nearly as interested in the National Council of Teachers of English as you are in my time with everyone's favorite Bargain Blonde.

Lindsey and I had an amazing time together, but we only took ONE PICTURE. Well, she took one picture of me on Thursday night but suffice to say it is inappropriate for the internet. In any case, here's all I got:


We had our typical wild Vegas night on Thursday, which was a blast. But let me tell you that the City of Sin is freakin' EXPENSIVE! I paid $4.25 for a plain coffee in the mornings and we couldn't even afford a bottle of wine at dinner Thursday night, because there was only ONE BOTTLE under $100. Ridic. So we did what any smart girls would do . . . we headed to the hole-in-the-wall pizza joint where they serve huge glasses of $6 box wine. Ha.

After the boxed wine, before the real shenanigans

On Friday night, we went with one of Lindsey's new friends to La Cave (inside The Wynn). We had all kinds of delicious food, most notably S'MORES FLATBREAD:

it tasted even better than it looks

And the food adventures didn't stop there. On Saturday night, we went to the Cosmopolitan's famed buffet, the Wicked Spoon, and oh my Lord was it good. I mean I felt like I wanted to die afterwards, but ultimately, it was worth it. The mashed potatoes . . . the nutella gelato . . . the mac and cheese bar.

So I guess I pretty much just described my Weekend in Food with Lindsey. Which is fitting, since we pretty much discuss food 24/7, ha. Even better than the food we ate & the drinks we drank, though, was all the laughing and talking that's been building up for months. She's pretty much the best: beautiful and funny and friendly and smart. But you already knew that. ;)

As if that weren't enough awesomeness for one weekend . . . this happened:


I saw on Instagram that Meghan was in Vegas . . . the very same weekend I was! We've been chatting via our blogs (and email, and twitter) for a couple years now, so we knew we had to meet up! Meghan came to the Cosmopolitan and we met at one of the many fancy bars there for some Joel Gott Cabernet (so funny to go to Las Vegas and drink wine that originates 45 minutes from where I live). We only had an hour together, but rest assured that I could have easily hung out with her for five more! She's even more darling in person than she is on her adorable blog. Meghan, I'm so excited that we got to hang out! Here's hoping that next time, it's for longer. :)

I think I've written enough for one dang blog post, but I'll be back in a day or two to tell you about these cool performance artists Lindsey & I experienced. Happy almost-Thanksgiving!

11 comments:

Brooke said...

Looks fun! I always have a blast in Vegas too!


=)


Brooke

Helene said...

sooo awesome... and I am so jealous. looks like you guys had a n absolute blast.

Angelina Medina said...

How fun! I'm going in April and plan on eating the entire time. The last time I was in Vegas I paid $14 for 2 waters and 2 bananas. I swear to god.

Happy Thanksgiving!

sheba said...

sounds like a blast! will be thinking of you today when my father-in-law cracks open the box wine for thanksgiving dinner! ;)

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Ah jealous, I want to go to Vegas!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Mirror of Fashion said...

Looks like you had an amazing time!

Megan said...

Vegas is super fun!! I love that you can just buy a majartia and go shopping at the same time. And it is sooo good you meet Meghan - pretty sure you are two of the sweetest girls on the interwebs.

B and I planning a trip to the States, not for like two years but I must meet you this time :)

Leesh said...

I am so itching to go back to Vegas. last time I was there was back in July 2011, I think I am due for another visit. And I really want to stay at Cosmopolitan so I can eat at Wicked Spoon and party at Marquee. lol!

That's awesome that you were there the same time as Meghan. What a spontaneous meet up.

meghan said...

Ohh Vegas! How fun! It's awesome that you got to meetup with two bloggers. When i went for my bachelorette weekend we ate at Wicked Spoon for brunch twice, and it was amazing. Like you said, it was a bit pricey, even for breakfast, but it was so so so worth it. Yum!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Looks and sounds like you had a great time! I'm jealous you got to hang out with Perfect Compilation! I love her blog!

Belen said...

X) I'm so jealous! I've only gone once, I really wanna go back! Although all future trips to Vegas are now tainted because we were upgraded to a penthouse for free... -_-