Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Cards!

I've already expressed how smitten I am with our Christmas tree, and I'm equally crazy about Christmas cards. Thank you so much to everyone who has sent us a card so far. They're all taped up on the back of our front door (where they'll stay all year!), and I'm adding to the collection as I eagerly check the mail every day.

The space below the peep hole is for my sister's card, which will feature my nephew (their Great Dane, Leon), whose face I like to stare at at eye-level all year round.

Another thing making me happy this Christmas is this post. MODG--hilarious and not-your-typical mommy blogger--did this last year & it is truly magical to behold. If you have a need, you post it. If you can give, you respond. I've spent countless hours reading all the posts, as it's so heartening to see people helping out this time of year. Check it out. If you are in need, you will get help. If you can give, you might make someone's Christmas. 

Matt and I are heading to Georgia tomorrow to spend Christmas with my family! My dad was generous enough to give us skymiles so we could both make the trip. Even though it will be a bittersweet Christmas because it will be our first without my grandma (and Ignatius), I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone. I think my dreams of having a white Christmas have officially been dashed, however--I checked the weather today, and it's 25 degrees warmer in Georgia than it is here in the Bay. Whaaaaatttttt?

Last thing: my dear bloggy & IRL friend Leeann is having a five-year blogiversary giveaway. FIVE YEARS! I'm contributing a pair of Free People earrings (my fave):


So go enter here! You could win all kinds of good stuff for the holidays. :)

Hope everyone's enjoying the season--next time you here from me, I'll be in the deep South!

14 comments:

undomestic mama said...

I see our card! I got yours yesterday, and now it's the picture that comes up when you text me :) Merriest of Christmases my sweet friend! I'm so glad we got to meet each other this year, I hope we get to visit for even longer next year. I'll be thinking of you, your grandma and Ignatious at Christmas.

Meg O. said...

I just LOVE Christmas cards, too! My husband doesn't really get it. lol. Looks good!!!

Janna Renee said...

I LOVE getting Christmas cards! Snail mail is great and when you throw in beautiful pictures and Christmas cheer!!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I put mine on the back of my door too! I was so bad this year though and didn't send any :(

Thanks for the shout out and sponsoring my giveaway!!

6 in Love said...

Glad you got ours! :)

I LOVE Christmas cards too. Afterwards, I cut off the Christmasy parts & keep the photos on my fridge.

Summer Athena said...

how long will you be there???????
i love you.

GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle said...

Awwwww so sweet of your dad. Merry Christmas!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

I've been hanging cards around our picture window and they make me so happy. I love the idea of keeping them on the back of the door all year round.

Kelly Ann said...

So exciting, I love hanging up cards!


xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes
500 Follower Kate Spade Giveaway

Kate Kiefer said...

sorry our card didn't make it in time! leon will reenact the photo shoot for you.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Have a great time with family! I should have sent you a card!!! Next time!!

Down and Out Chic said...

Have a safe trip to GA and a very Merry Christmas! We'll be headed to GA in a couple of days and I know it'll be a whirlwind. So glad both of you guys get to make the trip! xo

drollgirl said...

you have more (um, way more) christmas cards than me! ha!

i am so glad you and your m get to hang out with the family over the holidays. i hope you have a blast!

sheba said...

ours keep falling off the back of our door so they're all perched on a shelf nearby. I love looking at them all, especially the photo ones. glad ours made it to you!