Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas Eve

Source: flickr.com via Leah on Pinterest

I'm sitting here at my mama's house in Georgia, gazing at her beautiful tree (it's 5 am and I can't sleep, but on the bright side, the tree is mighty pretty). Last night she pointed out that despite any--or all--of our struggles, we are so lucky. Sometimes it's easy to get overwhelmed by things that feel so important in the moment, and it can be hard to forgive others and ourselves, but ultimately? We have a lot to be thankful for. 

Often in January I give myself a word to focus on for the year. A couple years ago it was productivity, and before that it was progress. This coming year, it's going to be peace

We spend Christmas Eve with our dad and Christmas day with our mama, so it's off to celebration #1 tonight. I'm grateful to have Matt here and excited about a couple of special gifts I got for people this year--isn't it wonderful to get something you know is going to be a hit? 

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday, in whatever form you celebrate or don't. 

Also, if you haven't already, enter Leeann's blogiversary giveaway! The winner will receive a Target gift card, two skull bracelets, a knitted bow headband, an Etsy giftcard, and my contribution: Free People earrings. 

Merry Christmas (Eve)!

14 comments:

Lizelle said...

i agree with you, we certainly do have a lot to be thankful of. I really like your idea of having a word for the year :)

AmericanBridget (Jones) said...

Beautiful post. Wishing you and your family and Matt a wonderful holiday season. And I agree, PEACE is a beautiful word to focus on this coming new year.

Peace,
Ryan

Helene said...

I love the idea of a word for the year. Peace could not be more perfect.

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Peace is a beautiful goal for the holidays! Have a very merry Christmas dear!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Meghan said...

I love that you have a word of focus each year. Merry Christmas, Claire!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

That's a great goal for 2013! Merry CHristmas, Claire! I'm so happy you're spending it with your loved ones :)

Katie Price said...

I love choosing one word to focus on, this year I picked "relax" and I'm thinking of "hope" for next year.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a relaxing end to the year, Claire. Hope your travels are safe.

Christina Monique said...

Merry Christmas xoxox the Figchugas! I am so glad you and Matt got to share the trip together. ENjoy!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Claire!

Leesh said...

Merry Christmas Claire! I hope you were finally able to doze off to sleep.

I like that you choose peace for 2013.

Tina said...

Great info, thanks for posting. If you are looking for a portable grill & deep fryer then you really shouldn’t look any further. This thang rocks!

drollgirl said...

you are so right. most of us have SO MUCH to be thankful for! sometimes it takes seeing others in a worse position before we can take a step back and see that we really have it pretty good!

i went out to dinner with albert on christmas. there was a couple at the restaurant with FIVE kids (all of them HUGE). the mom of the bunch pulled out coupon after coupon and argued with the host about how they needed to apply ALL of the coupons to their bill. things got ugly. at one point the dad did something that didn't go over well (i am not sure what -- i didn't see it), and the cops came. OMFG! the dad was arguing with six cops and his wife and kids were watching the whole thing. i was MORTIFIED! after i saw all of that i realized my life is so easy! and it made me think that all in all 2012 was a pretty good year. hoping 2013 is too -- for us all! :)

ANYWAY! merry christmas, happy holidays, and happy new year to you and yours!

meghan said...

Peace is a great word for 2013. I have seen several posts today about picking a word to focus on for 2013. I like Peace. I haven't thought yet about words or goals or commitments, but I will before the new year comes. It's one of my favorite things about a fresh start! And I love giving great gifts that I know are going to be loved. It makes gift exchanges so special!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Hope you had a wonderful time being with family!