Monday, December 10, 2012

Santa Baby?

The other day, I got my cousin Ashley's Christmas card in the mail, and on the front was a picture of her adorable daughter, Emma Kate, throwing a fit on Santa's lap. It is basically the most hilarious card ever, and it reminded me how much I love seeing pictures of kids losing their shizz whilst visiting ye old Kris Kringle. Here is the specific picture I speak of:

Emma Kate does not love Santa Claus.

Shortly after Ashley's card arrived, my friend Lindsay's showed up in the mail . . . containing this gem:

The twins also do not love Santa.

I mean, I do feel a smidgen of guilt thinking that these pictures are so funny. Parents basically sacrifice their kids' comfort and security by throwing them onto the lap of a large, bearded, strange man, and then step back far enough to take a good picture while the children howl. And yet I'm so glad they do, cause it's amazingly funny. 

So funny, in fact, that I put a call out on facebook for similar pictures, and here's what I got. Feast your eyes on this gold mine:

JD & Santa

Elise & Santa

The one above is particularly funny because this Santa, on whose lap Elise sits, is her very own father. And yet still, pure terror. HA!

Kruz, Gabriella, & Santa

Baby Indio & Santa

Reese (nephew of le Bargain Blonde) & Santa

Olivia, her mom Bethany, & Santa

Even sitting on her own mama's lap did not calm Olivia's terror around Santa Claus . . .

Walter, his tonsils, & Santa

my uncle Mike, my aunts, & Santa . . . circa 1960 (before my mama was born!)

How awesome is my aunt Pat (on the right in the picture) for being able to dig up & produce this picture mere minutes after I requested screaming-child-in-Santa's-lap pics? 

These have not only made my day, but they've pretty much made my holiday season. Thanks for sharing your kids' misery with me. I hope they all get sweet presents to make up for their nightmare-inducing Santa visit. Wait--is this a form of immersion therapy?

Merry early Christmas!

23 comments:

sheba said...

omg, those are hilarious! thanks for including indio!

Meg O. said...

OMG! Those as so hilarious!! LOVE!! I think it's so cute when babies/kids scream with Santa.

Kathy said...

i LOVE these photos i could look at them all day hahah! sometimes AFV shows videos of kids losing their shizz when they are placed on santa's lap and i laugh so hard!

adorable pictures

undomestic mama said...

I think it's hilarious too, but not when it's my own kid. I never even intended for Santa to hold them, I thought we'd hold them on our laps on each side of Santa but then I had a hard time saying, "No," when the photographer said to hand them over. I think every time I see those pictures, I'll feel guilty, although I think my own screaming photo is hilarious now.

6 in Love said...

Haha, just as hilarious as anticipated! Great thinking, Claire! Thanks for sharing Gabriella & Kruz's misery. =)

The Mama said...

So funny! While I have never experienced this with my girls (because we have the most awesome santa ever!) I have seen them loose it around disney characters. In fact Rio still will only take a picture with Pluto, go figure!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Haha! These were awesome! you should see Baby Olivia's... this was her first visit and my uncle said it was a must. Well she FREAKED!

Marz said...

This has to be one of my favourite posts ever!!! I freaking love it :) I couldn't wait to see the results after I read your request on social media for the pics :) Elise cracks me up knowing that Santa is her daddy! haha LOVE it! And love recognizing some of these cute babies (the twins & baby Indio) ;) Pure terror - cracking me up!! :) Thanks for sharing C!

Micaela said...

these are so funny! (how pretty were Lindsay's cards?!)
My favorite is Elise's just because it's her own father ;) ha


what about when it's the opposite? Fe's first Santa experience will be hilarious when she's older:

http://dolcevitamicaela.blogspot.com/2012/12/fe-and-worst-santa-ever.html

Merry early Christmas!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Oh my gosh I cannot stop laughing, this is hysterical!

Christina Monique said...

oh Claire, it is so funny! Sollie hasn't had a visit with the old guy yet but if so I will be sure to snap a picture and I just pray she cries .. sick I know. hahaha

Megan said...

These are hilarious!!!

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

i think reese might be right on, that teddy bear shirt santa is rocking warrants a big cry...IT IS AWFUL.

Brianna said...

I didn't send you mine! I suck haha I was out of town and didn't have my computer and thought I had the pic on my phone but turns out I had deleted it. boo! I'll have to post it at some point cuz it's pretty hysterical.

These were all so amazing. I can't wait to torment my future children so I can have gems like these.

Kara said...

I just laughed myself into a several-minute coughing fit!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Hahaha this makes me feel bad for the Santas. God bless them for all looking so happy despite the screams lol!

Krystal said...

this made me laugh out loud, those are hilarious photos!

drollgirl said...

ok, this made me CRACK UP! i love it!!!!!!!!!

Jo said...

hilarious!! i kind of feel bad for loving the crying kid/santa photo, but it is just so darned funny! and, if i ever have a child, i am most certainly going to plop him down on santa's lap for a photo!

Miss Caitlin S. said...

lol- I NEVER tire of these! So funny.

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

My friend has a similar picture on Facebook - these are so hilarious!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Kimberlee Van Der Wall said...

haha my oldest nephew's first pic with Santa he was crying... I'm sure it's torment for them but funny for us adults :)

Christina said...

I love, love, love this! We're taking our kids to see Santa tomorrow. I don't know if Milo will let me go, but I hope he does so I can get one of these shots. Hahaha. Mean mommy alert!