Friday, January 25, 2013

Influenster Holiday Vox Box Review

I was pretty psyched to get the Influenster Holiday Vox Box. It contained such an array of products: from beauty to food to fashion. That's one of the perks of blogging, right--getting to try new products for review? I love it.

Here's what came in the Holiday Vox Box and what I thought about each item:

*NYC New York Liquid Color Lipshine

Source: s.shld.net via Dani on Pinterest


Rating: 8/10
For a lip gloss, I love it. It's glossy and just the right amount of sticky, it smells good (weird, but important), and the color is a delicious nude. It doesn't have a lot of staying power--that's the only downside. But isn't that true of any lipgloss?

*Kiss Nail Dress:


Rating: 8/10
To be perfectly honest, I haven't used these yet. BUT--I've used Kiss Nail Dress before, and they're good. Like all the nail strips I've tried, they stay on a long time and they look great. These are unique in that they're bumpy so you can't help but touch them . . . all the time. Which can get annoying. But they look great! I think I'm gonna sport them for the Superbowl. Over maroon. Go Niners!

*Goody Quikstyle Brush

Source: goody.com via Heather on Pinterest

Rating: 7/10
This was one of my favorite things in the box. I'd been wanting to try it anyway, so it was especially exciting to find in the VoxBox. Does it work? Wellllllll . . . kinda. I think so. At least for the first few uses. The first time I used it to brush my hair while I was blow drying it, I thought it was great. The more I use it, however, the more the "towel" pieces between the bristles get pressed down close to the brush back and lose their efficacy. Still, I think it's a good brush, and I certainly don't think it adds to the time it takes to get your hair dry. I think I'd buy it again.

*Quaker Real Medley Oatmeal +


Rating: 9/10
This was super easy to make, healthy, and totally delicious. Affordable, too! If there weren't more ingredients than I could memorize after a glance, it would get a 10 out of 10. Nevertheless, I will certainly buy these again. So good, and no need to add anything!

*Montagne Jeunesse Face Masque


Rating: 9/10
Loved it! I don't do face masks nearly enough. This one was easy, affordable, and made my face feel super soft. I'll definitely be buying this one again. My skin felt extremely tight as it was drying, but it was worth it when I washed the masque off . . . so smooth and soft. And I've seen this brand available in lots of stores!

*Sole Society Coupon

I didn't try this. I'm trying hard not to spend a lot these days, and even though the coupon was a deal, I still didn't feel compelled to buy a pair of shoes I haven't seen in person. If you've bought a pair from Sole Society, though, I'd love to hear about it!

*EBOOST


I also haven't tried this. While I'm a little wary of energy drinks or powders, I'm willing to give this one a shot on a particularly draggy day. I drink a lot of coffee in the morning--and I love it--but sometimes I drag in the afternoon. Usually I solve that by getting another coffee, but I'm looking forward to trying the natural energy EBOOST as an alternative.

Let me know if you've tried any of these products. And thanks to Influenster for sending all of this my way!

Come back Monday for a legendary giveaway: one of you will win an HTC OneX Smartphone!


7 comments:

Regine Karpel said...

Will have to try the oatmeal!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Micaela said...

I totally get what you mean about lipgloss and its smell. I am in search of a really good nude so I may have to check this out.

You should have worn the kiss nails to jessie's wedding so I could have touched them ;) but wearing them while superbowl watching? next best thing.

I have wanted to buy those oatmeal medleys AND those face masks every time I'm at my grocery store. I need to go ahead and treat myself (reading your reviews did it).

UM I AM WAY EXCITED FOR YOUR GIVEAWAY!!!

Tiffany @ Polka Dotted Cats said...

Your review was so much nicer than mine...hahaha. I probably won't get another box.

Christina Monique said...

EEEKKKK lucky!!! I have been waiting to try that brush hahaha those nails are perfect for Superbowl.

Allison said...

Your review is so lovely! You're making me want to not be poor so that I can buy into all these boxes :)

Christina said...

This was a pretty good box! I love nail strips, but I don't think I could handle the 3D part of these ones.

Ali of Dressing Ken said...

Have your tried that nail art? Does it stay on? It looks cool.

Ali of:

www.dressingken.com