1. I got a kindle for Christmas (late to the party, I know), and I can't stop reading. I used to keep Matt up by having the lamp on half the night thanks to my insomnia, but the backlit kindle paperwhite solves that problem! I can read my sleeplessness away while my boyfriend sleeps peacefully. Win-win. In any case, I'm reading this:
and it's just as riveting as Gone Girl. It seems Flynn specializes in disturbed narrators. I'm halfway through and can't what to find out what kind of nonsense happens at the end of this book.
2. My friend Doro came over last night for dinner and wine and to meet Neil Young (he was a hit). I made this recipe I found on Pinterest and it was really good!
Of course I made a few changes: I used soy "beef" crumbles (the ones from Trader Joe's are actually my fave), left out the rotel but included a jalapeno, and used more taco seasoning than suggested. We ate it with shredded cheddar, avocado, and corn chips and it was delish!
I also made Doro watch an episode of Honey Boo Boo. Hopefully we're still friends.
3. You probably already know this but there are only two more days to enter this sweet giveaway on my blog: HTC is sending one Bicoastally reader a brand new HTC OneX. It's incredibly thin and light, has a nice big screen, and sports the best camera I've ever seen on a phone. And it's a $500 phone! Enter here to win! Rafflecopter will pic a winner on Friday.
4. Y'all left the best comments on yesterday's post. I keep going back and reading them again. Seems like there's a lot to talk about--let's keep the conversation going!
5. I really want this shirt. How sweet is this? When you live across the country from where you were born & raised, you need a lot of reminders of home. At least I do.
Thanks to everyone who has entered, tweeted, posted on facebook, etc. the giveaway. I hope someone awesome wins!