Thursday, February 21, 2013

March (travel) Madness

Before I get into today's post, I want to thank all of you for your incredible responses to this one. Your generosity made me want to cry, and I got the cutest text messages from my mama about how she was experiencing so much joy and gratitude for each one of you who donated (or is sending her positive vibes!). And Lauren W--please email me! I saw your comment and donation and I want to thank you, but I can't find a link and/or an email address for you. Everyone else, emails from me are coming . . . you guys are the best. 

And thanks to each of you, my mama is up to $1770! So much closer to her $2500 goal, and she has until May to do so. I can't thank you enough. Yesterday, a friend who donated shared with me that her 12 year old cousin has been diagnosed with cancer, and it just reaffirmed for me why this is all so important. The more money they raise, the more research and preventative care they can do.

So about March: yesterday, we booked two weekend getaways for March and I am so excited! We wouldn't be able to afford these things on our own, so it's thanks to AWESOME gifts from family and friends that we get to indulge in these little mini vacations.

First up, TAHOE! I've been aching for snow for the longest time. For Christmas, my mama gave Matt and me a gift certificate for two nights at a cabin up near the Heavenly ski area, and I cannot wait! We're staying in a lakeview cabin with a fireplace and oh my gosh, my heart races when I think about playing in all that snow. :)

Source: pixdaus.com via Laura on Pinterest

Then, thanks to a gift from the Freitags (my other family), we're heading a little north for our second annual Easter-weekend-Mendocino-coast trip. Last year was so much fun and I'm happy to be making this a tradition. Mendocino is one county north of Sonoma, and it's so peaceful and quiet and full of vineyards and gorgeous scenery. It will be so nice to rest. 



This is why California is so wonderful: in a few hours, you can escape to snow, serenity, mountains, lakes, wine country, and so much more.

What are you looking forward to this Spring?

16 comments:

Helene said...

2 weekend getaways in march?! I am super jealous!

Lane said...

We are headed to Dominican Republic!! I'm so excited and can't wait to put my feet in that beautiful sand and water and have drinks served on the beach!!

Spring in Atlanta is my favorite! All kinds of art, beer, and music festivals every weekend!! After the winter everyone is dying to get out and enjoy the warm weather before 100 degrees!!

Xoxo your trips sound amazing and hope you and Matt enjoy :)

Brenna said...

I was born in Redwood City and raised in Placerville (the town with a few stoplights you will pass through on your way to Tahoe). I miss California SOO much! We are in Colorado now and next month my kiddos and I will be driving out to spend a few weeks with the parents in Placerville/El Dorado Hills! Have fun!
Brenna

Dee Stephens said...

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jelly of your Tahoe trip.
You'll have a blast!

Jo said...

i remember reading about your mendocino trip last time! it made me want to drive up there!! can't wait to hear about this year's trip!

and, i agree with you 110%...california is absolutely wonderful!! :)

xo

Lauren Welsh said...

I don't know why my google name never links to my email! it's laurennicole21@gmail.com. (www.masonjarlife.com)

And your post made me miss living in CA!

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

you better be blowing up FB and instagram with snow photos next month...i need to live vicariously through you!!

Brianna said...

both sound SO amazing!! California is seriously the best for weekend getaways, it really has everything to offer!!

Brooke said...

Tahoe is so beautiful in the snow! That will be a fun trip~


=) Brooke

Regine Karpel said...

Have fun!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

sophboat said...

Wow how great is California! Those photos remind me a bit of New Zealand!

sophboat.blogspot.com.au

Christina said...

I'm so jealous of your travels! I've been to Tahoe, but it was in the summer. I want to go in the winter too!

Tiffany @ Polka Dotted Cats said...

In 13 days we are heading up the central coast and I am so excited! Your vacations sound amazing :-)

Jane Droll said...

tahoe! a getaway! i have never been. this will be one fab trip! lucky you!!!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Those are going to be great getaways!!!!

Faiza said...

Love seeing your snowy getaway pics as they remind me not to take the Canadian winters for granted.

I am excited for March. It has been a great month so far. I have my E visiting me in two weeks and I cannot wait to kiss him after a month apart. I am heading back to Nashville over the Easter long weekend to get in some more QT with my love and then we are going to drive to Auburn to meet his family. So fun!

Hope you and your Matt soak up all you can with your perfect getaways :)