Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Mardi Gras Blues

At my college graduation from Tulane, they played Do You Know What it Means to Miss New Orleans? It's the only time I teared up during the ceremony, cause I knew it would be so true.

my bff Tiffany & me at our first Mardi Gras, 2000
(I post this picture every year, ha!)

I've gotta figure out a way to get excited about Mardi Gras without being depressed that I'm not in New Orleans. Anyone have any ideas on how I can bankroll so that visiting multiple times a year is possible? 

To everyone in New Orleans: I hope you catch a coconut! Happy Mardi Gras, folks. 

9 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Did you hear about the shootings yesterday? So sad and pointless :(

Speaking of bankrolling a trip...we need to pick out a month to go for a game!!

Megan said...

Just also think of how many people love SF! I do think oftentimes how lucky I am to have been born in South Louisiana. I used to look at it differently, but I have grown to appreciate our unique culture.

undomestic mama said...

Start a Neil Young Website (kind of like I Haz Cheezburgers or whatever the heck it's called) and make millions off that? Sorry, that's the best I got.

H. Gillham said...

Oh.Oh.Oh.

I know those girls!!!!

Meghan said...

I've never been to Mardi Gras, or NOLA, for that matter - and I am dying to go someday!

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

we're still friends if i've never been to mardi gras right? and if i will probably never ever EVER be able to drink a hurricane if i do go, because of an unfortunate incident freshman year of college involving $1 drinks...and a toilet many hours later.

Kathy said...

mardi gras is one thing i'd love to experience at least once in my life!

Micaela said...

I look forward to this photo every year ;)

YES to lindsay's idea. LOL I love me some NFY!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I went when I was 18 and had the best time!! If you figure out a way to bankroll it let me know! I want in! lol