Wednesday, February 13, 2013

What's Your Dream Vacation?

It's an age-old question: where would you travel if you could go anywhere, with time and cost as no concern?

But it's an impossible one for me, cause there are so many categories. I want to go to places like Tahiti or Bali for the beautiful beaches, Rome for the rich history and culture, Morocco cause it's fascinating, Greece because it's where exquisite beaches meet ancient history, and I'd love to go to Baghdad or Kabul because, well, I'm curious.

Here are the countries I've visited so far: The Cayman Islands, Mexico, Canada, England, France, China, Guatemala. I've seen airports in Korea and El Salvador. ;)



Those pictures are from the most incredible resort in Cabo San Lucas--Capella Pedragal--where I was fortunate enough to go with the Freitags in the summer of 2011. It was pretty dang close to a dream vacation. There was a swim-up bar and three different pools and a butler making us fresh guacamole each day. Would that I could will myself back there!

This summer, we're going on another dream vacation: one of JJ and Cari's friends is getting married in the French Riviera. We're flying into Nice, staying for a little over a week, driving to Italy, and flying out of Florence. Pretty amazing, right?


I can't stop thinking about the water, the clothes, the pictures I already want to take. When we were in Cabo, JJ used his nice camera, and I took pictures with my iPhone. This year, I'm pretty excited to have the HTC One X because the camera is so good. I'm probably never going to be the kind of person to spend the money on a super expensive camera and/or tote it around, so I need to have a phone with a quality camera. I also love how easy it is to upload the photos from the HTC One X to twitter, facebook, etc. 

So tell me: where would you go on your dream vacation? 

20 comments:

undomestic mama said...

I want to visit so many places: Fiji, Spain, Italy, Belize, Brazil, Oklahoma, Alaska, the Jelly Belly factory in California....

Angelina Medina said...

Santorini. I'm dying to go! And Rio as well. I've wanted to go since I was 3 and saw The 3 Caberellos.

starnes family said...

No way to narrow it down. Europe, to start!

drollgirl said...

OMFG!!! i am so excited for you! this will be the best trip ever!!!!!!!

i would love to go to that place in cabo. LOVE.

i am not a fan of flying. UGH. UGH!!!!! so that makes many trips VERY SCARY to me.

the bf and i are supposed to save up and go to Amsterdam next year. i am nervous already. LOL! i just hate those long flights! and i worry about tummy issues and leaving the cats on their own for so long (they do NOT do well when i am away). and, to be honest, i flip out about the fact that i will end up blowing several thousand dollars in ONE WEEK when on vacation. sometimes it is hard for me to rationalize that, so i just end up going for short day or weekend trips that are less expensive. maybe i would think differently if i had more money!

i spend so much time thinking about fun trips to go on. i love to daydream about vacations!!!! i guess most people do!

Kathy said...

definitely travel all over europe and the french polynesian islands

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Kathrin is from El Salvador :)

I still can't believe you went on that dream vacation...and that you didn't sneak me in your bag! lol

Belen said...

You're so fortunate to visit the places you've been to. I know that eventually I will to, but right now I need to focus on getting out of school and finding a better paying job. I want to travel anywhere and everywhere. I don't think it matters exactly where I go for a dream vacation. As long as I'm carefree and with the right people, any place can be a dream vacation.

Y'know, I've never been outside the US besides the Philippines to visit family? This really needs to change. I'd really like to go to Ireland, then Italy, then Australia and New Zealand. I'm really just down for anywhere, but those are on my 'must visit' list. :)

meghan said...

Wow! You've been a lot of awesome places. I would like to go to China or Greece as my no worry about expenses trip. Or an African safari. I've been to Ghana and Ethiopia, but no safaris. That trip to the French Riviera will be amazing!

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

i REALLY want to go to paris and london...maybe one day!

if you ever do go to greece, beware their daylight savings ends a week earlier than ours does...which means when you're going through hell to get home from your honeymoon, you end up sitting outside an unopened airport for an hour!

Lesley said...

I love dreaming about vacations! I really want to go to Italy (or the french riviera - jealous!). I would love to go to Inda actually and a true African safari is on my bucket list.

love you!

Helene said...

Traveling is my favorite thing in life! I just wish I could do it all the time! You really can't go wrong!

Megan said...

I would love to go to ROME!

Kat@shop.school.sleep. said...

Greece is on my top 3 list, followed by any other place that is tropical haha. I'm from El Salvador and don't get the tourists who visit. Probably because the only time I went was kind of boring with family visits (and we went in the summer (here) which is their winter and the beach sucked hahah. Also I get worried with the political upheaval and all the gangs...I can't sleep and worry too much when my mom goes to visit her family.

Leesh said...

My dream vacation would be Fiji, Bora Bora or Maldives but Capella Pedragal would be quite doable and certainly closer to get to. I remember seeing your posts from that vacation. I was extremely jealous.

Shoshanah said...

Without a doubt my top 3 would be Greece, Australia, and Egypt. Although I wouldn't mind somewhere like Fiji or Bali either.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's going to be an amazing vacation! Like you, I want to go so many places. I'd love to go to Australia though!

sheba said...

how exciting! we're going to mexico next month, which is pretty exciting, but in terms of a dream vacation, i think something in the south pacific or to return to rome, but this time with my honey.

melifaif said...

I am just going with you! Think you can carry a crate onto the plane???? :)

Faiza said...

ahh traveling is so great and so worth the investment! i so loved my trip to oakland to visit you and hope you can make it to toronto one day too.

lately i have been craving one of those all inclusive type places. i have never done a beach vacay or an all inclusive thing and i feel the need to just relax and indulge and let.everything.go.

Christina said...

The French Riviera? AWESOME! My dream vacation right now is South Africa.