Monday, March 11, 2013

Combating the Sunday Blues

The Sunday Blues hit us hard around here. And it's funny, because I can't even pinpoint why . . . I like my job, and I certainly don't dread working on Monday. Maybe it has to do with coming off the freedom of the weekend (spending my days with Matt) & knowing that on Monday it's back to the grind. Who knows, but almost inevitably, one or both of us is all bluesy by late afternoon on Sunday.

Yesterday evening it was me (I was at a conference for work all day Saturday, so maybe it had to do with not having a substantial enough weekend). Matt suggested that we go pick up frozen yogurt and sit on the beach for a while. It was so effective in eradicating the Sunday blues that we may have to do this on the regular. While we were sitting on the beach 15 minutes from our house, I said to Matt: "Next time I fantasize about moving out of California, just take me back to the beach."

We stopped by CVS on our way to the beach, where a miracle occurred: I finally got my hands on a bottle of Sally Hansen's Mermaid's Tale nail polish! It was the very last bottle in the store, and it wasn't even in the right place, but lo and behold, there it was. And it's just as beautiful as I anticipated:


That picture is from Pinterest because I did a sort of sloppy job on my own nails last night, but let me assure you that it goes on just as it looks in the above picture (I didn't use a base coat, just a few coats of Mermaid's Tale) and it is glorious. Looks like you can order it here if you can't find it in stores. 

How do you combat the Sunday blues?


Also: cheers to my 500th post! 

12 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Yay for your 500th post!!

Aw, I'm sorry you have been having the Sunday blues. I start dreading Monday morning work on Friday night bahaha!

I'm glad you have Matt to treat you right and cheer you up!

Thanks for linking up, fried :)

Dee Stephens said...

Love that polish!!! I could never get away with wearing it here at the bank though :(
Too conservative.
I use to get the Sunday blues all the time but since I have come back to work I actually don't dread it as much.
NOt sure why?

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Yay to 500 posts!

I usually read or wah wah to myself on Sundays. Or keep myself busy enough that I'm not thinking about what day it is.

Helene said...

congrats on 500!!!!! whoo hoo!! and love that nail polish. i combat the sunday blues by drinking heavily

Erin @ Sassin Southern Style said...

Your nails look great and that polish is super pretty!

Erin @ Sassin Southern Style said...

I'll just pretend those are your nails since my nails always look a wreck.

Jane Droll said...

NORMALLY i am not into nail polish, but BOY HOWDY do i ever love this color!! gorgeous!!!

i typically start feeling depressed nearly every sunday at 4pm. UGH! it is so painful. but at least we get weekends. i know things could be worse. but i still love to daydream that i have won the lottery and will soon have the freedom to do whatever i want with my time. FAT CHANCE! lol. but a girl can dream, no?

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

I would kill to be able to head to the beach. Unfortunately, the closest one to me is under the snow.

And that color is SO FUN. I need to find some!

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

oooooh, that color is AWESOME!! i'll have to be on the lookout =)

Kathy said...

i LOVE that color!!

mamaboot said...

I definitely get the "Sunday Blues". It's that feeling that the glorious weekend is coming to an end. I'm a stay at home mom, so I don't even work outside of the house, but I love the time we get to spend together as a family on the weekends. They just go too fast!

Christina said...

I need that nail polish! So pretty!