Thursday, March 14, 2013

It's Friday!

Thank goodness it is Friday! This week has been extra long, with lots of work projects, babysitting, visits to high schools and today, a college, fundraisers, etc. etc. I am already looking forward to crawling into my bed at a geriatric hour and dozing off to sleep. This Friday is particularly exciting, because on Sunday, Matt and I are off to Tahoe for a couple days in a snowy cabin!

Although I haven't had time for much else, I have continued to experiment with eye shadow, and have found even more amazing makeup gurus to watch on YouTube. The problem with this is that my beauty product wish list is now laughably long. It includes but is certainly not limited to:

*MAC Fix +
*Benefit Porefessional primer
*Lorac Pro Palette
*Lancome Clis Booster XL
*Bare Minerals bronzer in High Dive
*the Balm NudeTude palette
*MAC powder blush in Pink Swoon
*every Sigma brush that every existed
*Smashbox lipstick in Pink Petal

I've been trying to get a little out of my comfort zone with eye shadow. I am most comfortable using browns and purples, but I have a lot of wilder shadows that I've shied away from in the past. Lately I've been reading beauty blogs and watching tutorials to try to expand my repertoire. Here are some of the looks I've attempted over the past couple weeks:


The top picture is an Urban Decay shadow called Graffiti. I don't use greens very often since I have green eyes, but I actually liked this color on! My favorite of the above four looks is the third from the top (the orangey look).  However, it's the only one of the four in which I've lined my water line and lordy, I just can't do that every day. Holy red, watery eyes. Yikes.

Lastly, this whole Google Reader thing. What a hassle! I have pretty much used Google Reader exclusively and now I'm gonna have to shake things up. Do any of you use Bloglovin? If so, please follow my blog there so we can stay in touch. Leave your own Bloglovin link and I'll do the same!


Happy weekend everyone!

17 comments:

Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog - Girlie Blog Seattle said...

Don't worry. My beauty wish list is growing too.

TGIF!

Kristin W said...

A cabin in Tahoe!! So fun! Have a great time!

I don't much like the Bloglovin set-up (and it doesn't work too well for me), so I went with Feedly. I'm assuming they'll come up with a way to follow via there soon, but for now you can just transfer your reader list. Good to know I wasn't the only one still using reader!

Megan said...

You are so talented with makeup! I always have wanted green eyes. I am so annoyed with the Google reader thing!! I just started using it after I stopped using blogger. Now I have to start with a new site. But thanks for posting that link!! I was able to create an account and import all my blogs there.

tara said...

look at you!! love the green! maybe someday i'll perfect getting good pics of my eye makeup!

Allison said...

Your eye shadow is perfection - absolute perfection! You're SO good at playing around with colors!
Ugh, this Google reader thing is killing me. A lot. I'll definitely follow you on Bloglovin'! <3 xox, happy weekend!

Kathy said...

emerald green shadows and liners are my FAV! i have brown eyes and they are pretty much the only color that make my eyes pop.

i hate that google is doing ass-backwards things like getting rid of picnik and now reader. what are they thinking?!

my bloglovin' link: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/2684908/life-in-progress?claim=xjwfy63wa4v

wfayew said...

I just started with Bloglovin yesterday and I already love it. I never used Google Reader so I don't have much to compare it to, but it's great.

Helene said...

oh i wanna try the green for st. patty's!! so pretty! and i followed you on bloglovin!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

FUN!!! Have a great time in Tahoe. Much needed :) And I love the green on you. It's so pretty. You're a makeup pro now!

I hope this is just a GFC scare like the last time and they back down. I know it's bad but I like seeing my followers on GFC! It excites me to see the number go up.

I've had bloglovin' for years but never really used it. What's nice it I imported all of te blogs I follow via GFC yesterday and it was super easy.

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I freaking love that first eyeshadow. It looks great!

I imported everything over to bloglovin', it was a total pain. I think it automatically made me follow everyone I was following. You come up in my feed there.

Meghan said...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend getaway! It sounds like its coming at the perfect time! Enjoy!

Christina Monique said...

"every Sigma brush that every existed"

ME TOO!!! You made me smile with this one! hahaha I need every Sigma brush made!!

xoxo so beautiful! keep sending me girls to watch.

Leesh said...

I lost sleep over the google reader news, lol!

I tried feedly on my iPhone and I didn't like it. I had trouble commenting on Leeann's blog from there.

I'm going to try out Bloglovin and go from there. I'm really hoping google will reconsider.

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

i hope you're having the best time in tahoe!! i LOVE the way liner on the waterline looks, but mine stays that way for about.....4 minutes. and then my eyeballs eat the liner. and smudge it below my eyes, making me look haggard and sad. it's super awesome.

Krystal said...

i rocked some green for st paddys day last night! i can't stop wearing browns and greys!

Kat@shop.school.sleep. said...

all the eye make up looks amazing!! so pretty!! and yes I agree this whole GFC thing is a pain in the butt!!

Christina said...

So pretty! I need to spend hours on youtube to learn how to do my makeup!