Thursday, April 11, 2013

Catching Up

I want a life assistant. Someone who could go to the post office for me, call my student loan companies and beg for forbearances, clean my house, and upload pictures to Blogger so that writing a new blog post seemed less overwhelming. ;)

So much to catch up on! Last weekend was pretty spectacular. On Friday, my college friend Tara and I met up at Zeitgeist for some drinks & grilled food (oh Zeitgeist, how you take me back to being in grad school in my early-to-mid twenties, scouring the Mission for hotties & sleeping on friends' couches), and then went to see one of our favorite New Orleans funk bands, Papa Grows Funk:


It was bittersweet, as last weekend's shows were their last in San Francisco. And while I scoffed at the fact that the venue didn't special order a few kegs of Abita for the event, I got over it quickly since I was so distracted by some long-overdue girly catch up talk and sweet New Orleans music. 

I was busy working on Saturday, but Sunday we had both Matt's kids and it was so nice to all be together. Don't they look like Matt? :)

Maya is really into Spiderman, which is hilarious and adorable. There she is in her Spiderman shirt that she didn't want to take off. :) We even painted her nails red & blue with spider webs!


Having such a blended family requires a lot of scheduling and negotiating, but in the end, it's totally worth it. These two kids are pretty incredible. 

This week has once again escaped me, and I know this coming weekend will be just as busy as the last one. Tonight Matt and I are meeting up with an old college buddy of mine (who's in town) at Bourbon & Branch, SF's original speakeasy. I suspect it's going to get me even more excited about the new Gatsby movie!

On an unrelated note: if any of you have experience selling shoes, clothes, bags, etc. online, let me know! I want to sell some fancy shoes and am not sure if Ebay, Poshmark, or something else is the best way to go. Thanks!

11 comments:

Jessie said...

Having to upload pics to blogger is one of the things that actually keeps me from blogging- terrible, right? I am THAT lazy...
mmm... Abita. I really think we need a girls trip to Nola. Maybe next year?
I cannot WAIT for the Gatsby movie. And next time I'm in SF, I must go to Bourbon and Branch! I think I remember seeing it while we were there in '11... why didn't we go?
Matt's kids are adorable. Look like handfuls, too. :)

undomestic mama said...

YOU GET TO SEE MAYA?! How cool.

Dee Stephens said...

sell on instagram. Post on there with hastag whatever brand they are.

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Oooh Bourbon and Branch sounds COOL. Take pics?

Kathy said...

definitely don't do shopcaster...they take a HUGE cut. i would go Ebay or through your local CL/Kijiji. just do local meetups and you'll be fine.

Tiffany @ Polka Dotted Cats said...

How precious is Maya?!?

And the abita. LOVE IT!

Meghan said...

I so wish I had an assistant just to blog for me! Ugh. I can never seem to make it happen lately.

I didn't know Matt had two little ones! They are adorable! :) I bet you guys have a blast!

Christina said...

They are too cute! I love that Maya is into Spiderman! That's so awesome. I totally need an assistant. I'm so behind on life right now!

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

What a lovely, lovely family dear!

I've sold a lot on eBay and some things on Purseform (application only though). I would recommend eBay because it has the biggest audience. Be careful of who you sell things to though! Be descriptive and list things in good condition. Take a lot of pictures, especially if it is a high value item. I like to list a buy it now price as well and it is usually free these days. Let me know if you want any more tips!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Micaela said...

I LOVE that photo of all three of them <3 I think it's incredibly adorable that Maya is so into Spiderman. How cute and fun of you to do her nails :)

I bet you two were so proud of Jasper for winning for his ESSAY. I loved seeing that on instagram :)

Let me know where you decide to sell your shoes so I could help spread the word ;) I see a lot of bloggers are creating "Shop My Closet" instagram accounts. I know your shoes are higher end so I don't know if that's the way to go but thought I would throw that out there ;)

daniela said...

Is that a paid position? B/c I'd like to apply to be your life assistant :P