Monday, April 29, 2013

Three.

Matt's little elfin daughter, Maya, turned three on Sunday. To celebrate, we took her out for pizza, ice cream, and presents on Saturday night. We had as much fun as she did!

Excuse my bizarre looking eyes.

It's been so wonderful getting to spend more time with Maya lately. She's an amazing little girl, and so different from any other toddler I've known. She's incredibly soft-spoken, doesn't throw fits, and is genuinely adaptable to new situations. I love doing girly things with her that I don't get to do with the boys I babysit, and I love watching Matt be a daddy to a girl. He says it's a totally different ball game than parenting a boy. He has no problem telling Jasper no or putting him in his place, but with Maya? She gets what she wants from her daddy, haha. ;)

Other than celebrating Maya's birthday, we didn't do a whole heck of a lot. We walked 3.5 miles along the bay on Saturday which was nice, and Sunday I spent the afternoon at the pool with the boys I babysit. I finally have a little bit of color on my face!

In other news, we've started watching Revenge. I'm into it! Have any of you watched it? We're only on episode 6.

Hope Monday's kind to you!

10 comments:

undomestic mama said...

She's so cute! I'm glad you guys get to see her more too.

starnes family said...

So, so cute. Jack's birthday was Saturday!

Tiffany @ Polka Dotted Cats said...

She is such a little dollface!

I haven't watched Revenge yet but it is on the neverending list of things I need to see!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

She is ADORABLE. Happy birthday Maya!

Kim @ Slice of Life said...

adorbs!!

yes, i love revenge but i fear it's getting the prison break syndrome where they just keep dragging it out and making things more and more preposterous to the point that it's not enjoyable. that being said, i still watch!! i recently got into NASHVILLE and I.AM.OB.SESSED!!

tara said...

she is too cute! :)

Leesh said...

First season of Revenge is amazing and addicting. I was late on the Revenge bandwagon so I breezed through the episodes quickly because I couldn't stop. Plus I was and still am crushing hard on Daniel.

I hope you enjoy it but it's no SoA, lol!

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

she is just so adorable! glad she had a wonderful birthday =)

Brianna said...

awww she's so cute!!! love seeing her on your insta too! chill weekends like that are the best!!

I LOVE Revenge!! It gets so good! Definitely one of my favorites (:

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Happy birthday Maya!

I loved season 1 of Revenge. I dropped it about 6 episodes into season 2.