Friday, May 3, 2013

Current Drugstore Beauty Favorites

There are so many good drugstore products out there these days. I swear, when I was 12 and just starting to wear makeup, all you could find was the original Cover Girl liquid foundation with a white top and a wretched smell. Maybe that's not entirely true, but that's all I remember!

I have some current high end faves, too, but I'll share those another day. For now, I wanted to talk about three drugstore products that I'm crazy about:


1. Revlon Photoready Airbrush Foundation: I've tried a ton of different foundations. And while I still have my high-end standbys (I'm lookin' at you, Dior Airflash!), this Revlon Photoready Airbrush is by far the best I've gotten from the drugstore. The only other contender, frankly, is the Revlon Colorstay Whipped--which I've just purchased recently after a million recommendations and already love. 

I usually apply it with a foundation brush, but sometimes I shake it up and use the beauty blender. Either way, it goes on so smoothly, matches my skin like no other foundation ever has (I'm in 030 Nude--or at least that's my color when I don't have any tan), and has the dewiest, prettiest finish. I love it so much.

2. Maybelline Clean Express Classic Eye Makeup Remover: This is the best eye makeup remover I've used. I've tried all the major brands, various wipes (ew I hate that word), and even olive oil & coconut oil. This one works like magic, and I love how silky it makes the skin around my eyes.

3. NYC Liquid Lip Shine: I got one of these in an Influenster box and I loved it so much that I went out and bought another one in a different shade. To be perfectly honest, I've always been kinda skeptical about the super cheap brands. It took me years to try elf, I only tried Wet & Wild because Meg O. raved about it (and girl knows her makeup!), and I'd always walked right past NYC. But the lip gloss is really pretty spectacular. It smells amazing, the pigmentation is perfect (not too much, not too little), and they are only $2.49! Influenster sent me Nude York City, and I later purchased Rivington Rose. I love them both.

Tell me: what cheap products are you loving lately? Nothing I love more than beauty recommendations!

Speaking of makeup: theBalm is on Hautelook today!

14 comments:

Jane {In the Pink and Green} said...

That foundation sounds awesome, I'll have to give it a try! I've used the regular liquid Photoready Relvon foundation and the Photoready concealer, I think it's a good drugstore version of Makeup Forever's HD Foundation from Sephora for sure!

AmericanBridget (Jones) said...

Garnier BB cream --- must have.

Charlie's Mommy (Beth) said...

ELF cream eyeliner. It's the only liner that doesn't smudge or rub off easily after a day of work!

Kathy said...

argan oil! i buy my organic argan oil from my health food store for $19 instead of that josie maran stuff for $68!!

Regine Karpel said...

Love Drugstore beauty!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Megan said...

I am always on the look out for a good make - up remover, I hate waking up in the morning and seeing eye makeup all under my eyes. I am not very into make up - I always use the same stuff, I am on the lookout for a new mascara so will let you know if I find something!

Taylor said...

id like to try the mousse makeup! it just sounds luscious :)

now following your blog, i LOVE it :)come enter this giveaway i am hosting from rendi! they're a sweet new charitable decor company :) http://anticipationblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/a-giveaway-from-rendi.html

tara said...

i hear such good things about revlon foundations! i really need to try some soon!

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

you know i'm ALL about the lipcolor, and milani has a great one, for all of maybe $6! i adore flamingo pose, the color is awesome...even though it strangely smells like the watermelon version of those really small maybelline lip balms from the 90s!!

and you should try NYC shadows, they're pretty good too!

Christina said...

I totally agree about drug store makeup from the 90s. It was terrible! I have Clean Express on my Target list. I'm so glad to hear that you like it. I've been loving Cover Girl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Stick and L'Oreal Magic Lumi Highlighter.

Down and Out Chic said...

i think i'm going to need to try that foundation with a recommendation like that! love reading about your beauty finds.

Jane Droll said...

i am NOT in love with my current foundations (this is a chronic problem for yours truly!!!!), so i will try the revlon photoready airbrush next. fingers crossed!

Jane Droll said...

p.s. i recently bought the urban decay naked (the original) eyeshadow palette, and i love it. i like both versions (naked, and naked ii).

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I'm going to have to try that Revlon product! It sounds like its really great.