Monday, June 17, 2013

Hello Again & Father's Day Recap

Hi everyone! I totally abandoned my blog while I was in Europe over the past couple of weeks, but now I'm back and ready to share about our adventures among other things. Eager to catch up on everyone else's blogs, too!

I'd forgotten how much of a beast jetlag really is, so I spent Friday working and feeling flu-like. 9 hours is a big time change, plus I had a ridiculous 3-leg flight home which totaled about 24 hours of travel, and then worked the very next day. I'm still waking up way too early but things have regulated for the most part, thanks to a mostly restful Saturday.

Matt and I spent Sunday with his kids for Father's Day, and we had such a great time. Matt wanted to take them to Oakland's Fairyland (Maya is at the perfect age!), which is an adorable old school park with all kinds of fun things for the kiddos. It was really nice just all being together, especially after I'd been gone for two weeks.


Maya is the most precious little thing ever. And Jasper is such a great big brother. Matt's pretty lucky to have two healthy, sweet, and adorable children. :)


All of us together, though Matt's slouching, cause he's a lot taller than me! 

Before our trip to Fairyland, we played in the garden, and Maya pulled some weeds while I planted more lettuce. The garden is getting crazy--I will post pictures soon! I have several squash, a few zucchini growing, a teeny tiny baby cucumber starting to appear, some little string bean pods, 3 kinds of lettuce, potatoes, and more . . . I'm loving it so much. Here's a sneak peek of some early cherry tomatoes:


Can't wait for everything to be ready!

I hope all of you had a fun weekend & a good Father's Day, however you spent it. I'm far away from my own father, but it was really nice celebrating Matt.

Leave your blog post links in the comments so I can check them out. :)


20 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Aw what an adorable picture of you four! Sounds like a great day :)

I bet she loved that theme park!

Meghan said...

So glad you had a wonderful celebration with the kiddos! Can't wait to see pics from the trip!

Jane Droll said...

well we need more details on the trip! and pics! but i am so glad you are home safe and sound, and that you guys had a super father's day!

Jane Droll said...

and your garden sounds so fab!

p.s. i tried a new vegetarian-friendly recipe last night and LOVED IT. will post it soon!

Helene said...

sometimes, you just have to take time off. looks like a great father's day!

Kat@shop.school.sleep. said...

what a fun day with you back and bale to spend time with everyone :) I kind of wish I had my own garden because produce can get expensive...but I have a black thumb meaning everything i have ever planted has died hahahha

Meg O. said...

Fairyland sounds awesome! I wanna go there!! haha

And I'm so glad your trip was great! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Faiza said...

Loved seeing you and Matt on Instagram on Father's Day! Such happiness!

Zoƫ said...

That family photo is adorable! Also your garden looks amazing, yum! :) Wish I had a backyard.

DeAnna Stephens said...

Sounds like a great Father's Day! I hope you blog about your Europe trip?
http://deewallaceadventures.blogspot.com/

Tiffany @ Polka Dotted Cats said...

Oh jetlag sounds AWFUL! I am glad you had a good weekend though! And I still hold to my firm belief that Maya is the cutest little dollface EVER.

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Jetlag is an awful, terrible beast.

I'm glad you had a nice day to come home to. Great family photo, and I'm jealous of your veggie going prowess.

Allison said...

Jetlag really is the absolute worst. Though I was so beyond jealous of all your pictures that if I didn't like you as much as I do, I'd have limited pity. ;)
You all are so damn cute. I can't get over how adorable Matt's kids are, and clearly they just love you to pieces!

Kathy said...

sounds like you had a blast!

i've been MIA on the blogs too; work is killing me.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Welcome back girl!!!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip. I loved seeing your photos on instagram.

Shoshanah said...

I still remember going to fariyland when I was 3 or 4. And by that I really just remember turning the keys in boxes for the stories, but it's close. I'm sure it helps there were photos from the trip as well. So definitely think it was the perfect place to go.

And I can't wait to hear all about your trip to France!

emi said...

great blog!!! start up again! :)

the well-traveled wife

Kristen said...

Yeaaaah.... so I have been bad about reading blogs because of life, and Instagram is so quick and easy to look at quick during the day, but then I thought, "I should check in on Claire's blog." And then I read this... and for obvious reasons, the pictures made my heart sad :(
Sending lots of love your way.

Cat + Tay said...

I loved reading this blog! Miss reading it!!

Jane Droll said...

LONG TIME NO BLOG!!!!! DAMMIT!!!!!